Thumbs down House Rules State Guests Must Sign Out by 12:00, but No Listed Sign in Time

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Hawaii....
    When my House Rules state that a guest must sign out by 12:00 (midnight).....But there is NO stated time for a guest to sign back in or why there should be a rule that guests must sign out by 12:00 midnight, even if this time is interfering with my "Quiet Enjoyment" of my rental unit, and also has no stated time for which a guest may sign in.... Is there a reason or right for my landlord to not allow my guests to comply with their stated rule of "Guests must sign out by 12:00 (midnight)", and no further times are listed in the House Rules, for them to not allow my Guests to Sign Out by 12:00 (midnight), and sign back in at any time after midnight (such as 12:15am or so?).... ?

Do I have grounds for them interfering with my "Quiet Enjoyment" of my rental unit, or any grounds for me to pursue a way for these rules to be amended to actually be valid or make sense? Do I have grounds to sue for my time and enjoyment lost and "pain/suffering" etc of these rules which are not actually written to be legitimate?

This has caused me to lose a relationship with my girlfriend. Also this has elevated my anxiety and depression, which are documented by doctors throughout my tenancy. My girlfriend has been trespassed and disallowed from the property, which has also caused her much anxiety and stress, and also has caused her to go through so much stress that she has now almost forgone contact with me because she thinks that the rules are simply ridiculous.

Is there any loss or any kind of action that I can take to remedy this situation?

Default Re: House Rules State Guests Must Sign Out by 12:00, but No Listed Sign in Time

Yes. Move.

Default Re: House Rules State Guests Must Sign Out by 12:00, but No Listed Sign in Time

Quote Quoting thehawaiitenant
    View Post
    My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Hawaii....
    When my House Rules state that a guest must sign out by 12:00 (midnight).....But there is NO stated time for a guest to sign back in or why there should be a rule that guests must sign out by 12:00 midnight, even if this time is interfering with my "Quiet Enjoyment" of my rental unit, and also has no stated time for which a guest may sign in.... Is there a reason or right for my landlord to not allow my guests to comply with their stated rule of "Guests must sign out by 12:00 (midnight)", and no further times are listed in the House Rules, for them to not allow my Guests to Sign Out by 12:00 (midnight), and sign back in at any time after midnight (such as 12:15am or so?).... ?

Do I have grounds for them interfering with my "Quiet Enjoyment" of my rental unit, or any grounds for me to pursue a way for these rules to be amended to actually be valid or make sense? Do I have grounds to sue for my time and enjoyment lost and "pain/suffering" etc of these rules which are not actually written to be legitimate?

This has caused me to lose a relationship with my girlfriend. Also this has elevated my anxiety and depression, which are documented by doctors throughout my tenancy. My girlfriend has been trespassed and disallowed from the property, which has also caused her much anxiety and stress, and also has caused her to go through so much stress that she has now almost forgone contact with me because she thinks that the rules are simply ridiculous.

Is there any loss or any kind of action that I can take to remedy this situation?
    I have to agree that the rules seem kind of stupid. However, what kind of place are you living in?

What sort of living establishment has “house rules”?

If a typical rental I suspect the intent is to ensure you do not have unauthorized occupants in the rental unit. Given your argument that this has caused you great distress, I suggest you stay at your girlfriends place of residence so she can comfort you as you seem to need.

If your girlfriend broke up with you because of that she wasn't really your girlfriend to begin with. (Why buy the cow when you get the milk free).

That said... are you in a house, apartment, room in a house? This would determine if the rules are valid, legal, stupid, etc.

1. Sponsored Links