Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I Need Options

My father has turned my life upside down lately, throwing too many life changes at me to deal with. my father drastically changed his life. then him and my stepmother of 6 years are getting dvorce, my dad's girlfriend's daughter is constanly getting in trouble ad they do nothing about it.I have been messing up my own life as a result of all the stress I am under. I need out of my house, but I don't know how. My father is emotionall neglectful ad I know the law has nothing to help me with that but I need a way out of my house, but my dad won't let me leave. Please someone help me. I am 15 in my freshman year of high school and have many people who love me and would take me into their own homes if I can get out of the one I'm already in.I live in ohio

Default Re: I need options

Quote Quoting confused1508
    View Post
    My father has turned my life upside down lately, throwing too many life changes at me to deal with. my father drastically changed his life. then him and my stepmother of 6 years are getting dvorce, my dad's girlfriend's daughter is constanly getting in trouble ad they do nothing about it.I have been messing up my own life as a result of all the stress I am under. I need out of my house, but I don't know how. My father is emotionall neglectful ad I know the law has nothing to help me with that but I need a way out of my house, but my dad won't let me leave. Please someone help me. I am 15 in my freshman year of high school and have many people who love me and would take me into their own homes if I can get out of the one I'm already in.I live in ohio
    Until you are at the age of majority your dad has parental authority over you.

Ohio only addresses a minor becoming emancipated through a legal marriage and being active duty in a military service.

Try talking to a school guidance counselor about the troubles you are having.

are you serious? There is no way out of my house?

panther10758 Guest

Emancipation is not suppose to be easy otherwise every 15 year old who thought their life hell would be emancipated

View Post
    are you serious? There is no way out of my house?
    Legally, the ways I mentioned or having parents' permission.

Emancipation was never supposed to be a way for teens to "get out of the house". It was supposed to be a way to provide legal protection to teens who, for whatever reason, were already living on their own.

If your dad won't let you leave, then you don't leave. End of story.

Default Re: I Need Options

Sorry, but it's not the end of story. I knew that I couldn't get emancipated. I was looking for opinions, which I need terribly. I will not survive the next three years in my house. I know I cannot do it. I'm not strong enough. I was hoping someone could give me some other ideas or opinions that I haven't already heard.

panther10758 Guest

Option 1 Counseling for yourself

Option 2 Family counseling (if family is willing and coicide with your own counseling

Option 3 Contact CPS over emotional abuse who may order counseling

Option 4 All of the above

there are your options

View Post
    Sorry, but it's not the end of story. I knew that I couldn't get emancipated. I was looking for opinions, which I need terribly. I will not survive the next three years in my house. I know I cannot do it. I'm not strong enough. I was hoping someone could give me some other ideas or opinions that I haven't already heard.
    It sounds like you already have survived a divorce, living with a step-mother and new family. Your dad is under stress- try not to take that on. How your dad's girlfriend's daughter is being raised is really none of your business (nor your father's).

You have many options available and lot's of support. You already identified what those are. Try to be supportive instead of being another problem for your dad. You might think about getting involved in sports or activities in school- to keep you involved with persons who can be supportive.

See if your father would be ok with you getting a part-time job. You can start saving money and learn about how to handle your own money.

There are lots of organizations out there that will be much more helpful than any of these people are. The only helpful thing I have heard is to talk to you guidance counselor. They may know some of the organizations I was referring to. If you situation is really abusive then call DHS or the police.
    Good luck to you

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast