Default Co-Trustee Claims Last Minute Trustee Fees Upon Final Distribution

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Florida

In an article, "What Is a Reasonable Trustee’s Fee?" it was concluded that, "Therefore, any compensation to be paid to a trustee must be contained within trust accountings, unless waived by all interested parties. "

Question:
    Does this also pertain to trustee fees as well? That trustee fees to be paid (to the co-trustee) must be contained within trust accountings, unless waived by all interested parties. "

The co-trustee for my father's estate decided at the last minute to deduct $100,000 from the final distribution to the beneficaries, for her trustee fee. Is this allowed? Are there any cases that you can refer me to?

Is there any cases that you can refer me to, that point this out?

Thanks Mark

Default Re: Co-Trustee Claims Last Minute Trustee Fees Upon Final Distribution

Does the trust documents include a fee schedule for the trustee?

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Who do you want to read your link? Is it the person that posted the tread that already has read your response on the other forum or is it the other members of this forum?

Do you know how to copy and past? Please stop directing us to other forums to read what you have already posted. What's the point? The OP already got your advise.

Unless of course, you are a shill for the other forum.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Who do you want to read your link? Is it the person that posted the tread that already has read your response on the other forum or is it the other members of this forum?

Do you know how to copy and past? Please stop directing us to other forums to read what you have already posted. What's the point? The OP already got your advise.

Unless of course, you are a shill for the other forum.
    I agree with you this time, that link went to another forum where almost no useful advice was given.

I have "budwad" on mute, but since someone else quoted, here are my answers:

1. I don't "want" anyone to read anything. The link is offered to anyone who might want to see an already existing discussion in response to the post.
    2. Yes, I do.
    3. No, and "budwad" can pound sand, since I've already explained my thinking about this on multiple occasions.

Then you will not see this if indeed have me on mute.

As I and others have told you, the admin has a policy that we are not to link to other commercial forum sites. You have had those links deleted in the past. But since this forum lacks moderation like it used to have, you are getting away with it.

No fee schedule in the trust document

Quote Quoting mcjensen
    View Post
    No fee schedule in the trust document
    Then what is the basis for the claimed $100,000 fee? The real issue here is whether the fee is truly earned by the trustee. A $100k fee for a trustee would only be justified if either (1) the trustee actually did a great deal of work for the trust or (2) the applicable state law uses a compensation formula for the trustee based on the size of the trust and the trust has a rather large amount of assets.

1. Sponsored Links