Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Disagreed with Dishonesty, Terminated

Quote Quoting quantumn
    View Post
    Seems like you're here to bicker PayrolGuy. And to kick a guy when he's down. Do you kick women too?

Hoping for some more helpful input.
    I did tell you ...

You got fired and it doesn't seem like they have any misconduct to base a UI disqualification on. A bad hire is on them not you.

That was in response to asking

"Any chance of unemployment?"

That is your only play at this point that has any chance at success.

You mentioned trying to file an EEOC claim because you were fired because you were a Freemason. What protected class is that?

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    You mentioned trying to file an EEOC claim because you were fired because you were a Freemason. What protected class is that?
    Although this is a bit digressive, I was wondering that myself. Was it religion?

And if you're still a Freemason, I reco you tell your fellow Freemasons immediately that you are now jobless again, they can probably help you. (I sure wish I'd been a Freemason when I was unemployed in my early 50s and couldn't get a job in my field for three solid years because I was "too old.")

Quote Quoting eerelations
    View Post
    Was it religion?
    If it was then the reason our OP failed there is that Freemasonry isn't a religion.

I am not going to respond as PayrolGuy is bullying himself into this.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!

Would you prefer that he tell you that you have legal recourse, and then have you find out when you go to take legal recourse that you don't?

Telling you that you do not have clear evidence of a legal claim is not bullying.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Would you prefer that he tell you that you have legal recourse, and then have you find out when you go to take legal recourse that you don't?

Telling you that you do not have clear evidence of a legal claim is not bullying.
    like button

Quote Quoting quantumn
    View Post
    Seems like you're here to bicker PayrolGuy. And to kick a guy when he's down. Do you kick women too?

Hoping for some more helpful input.
    I bet that when you go to sleep you think of all the things you could do to get even. Well it's not about getting even with what you preserve as some injustice. The fact is that there are people in the work force that have no compaction or consideration for the people that report to them. It's about their power over you. And what makes them look good to upper management by creating a circumstance that warrants your dismissal.

It's time to move on.

You file for UI and look for another job. That is all you can do.

You never know. You could end up with a better situation with an employer that actually cares about their employees.

You should also consider filing for your SS benefits. At age 65 you may be at full retirement age and any wages you make will not reduce your benefits. So it is possible that you take a job for less wages but end up making more with benefits.

There are some good ppl here after all. Thanks, especially to you budwad.

I've thought about SocSec but am not ready to retire yet. And if I'm not mistaken the signal year has been raised to 66. I wanted to hold off on SocSec until 70 to get more, but given that it's so hard to get hired at this age I might go ahead. Trouble is I'm in the middle of doing a 5 house development and have debt service of almost $10k a month and no money. (it's all in the project) The job I've just lost paid well and I could cover that, but now I may fail if I can't get another. Thinking about resorting to applying at bottom-of-the-barrel Amazon. (HQ is local)

As of today I'm revamping my resume to aim lower and will begin with Indeed. Then MS, Amazon, G**gle, etc. I'm feeling a bit better today. My boss at that company was a good guy and I did my damndest there as I knew how hard it is to get hired, how good the pay was, and so on, but I am very surprised that they acted like they were on fire and doing anything possible to put it out. Fired for pointing out dishonesty. You have to be straight doing security work, and if you knew what company this is (allowing rotten apples) you'd be surprised.

The brief views I saw of their work at the (major) client so far is a mess. The client is resisting giving the next SoW, and I think rightfully so. I could have fixed it over time, but not any more. That may be an embarrassing failure for their new commercial InfoSec practice, and I won't be sad.

Same old story for millions of years. Not exactly the same, but same music.

And cbg, no, it's the continuous trolling of PayrolGuy, to wit, "A bad hire is on them not you." Don't you understand what he was saying there? And all his other jabs? Mean people suck.

Edit: Indeed Full Retirement Age is now 66. If I start now it's a paltry $1,496/mo. At 66 it'd be $106 more. I must try and get a job. I could keep borrowing but at some point they'll turn it off, I'll flame out, and end it. Took me 15 years to emotionally recover from loss of my (self-made) fortune to the stock market in 2001. I am not doing that again.

Yes, I understand what he was saying. I think you're the one who doesn't. "Bad hire" doesn't say anything about you as a person or an employee - it means that the employee and the job were not a good fit for each other. It's not an insult or a troll.

He is in no position and has no basis to understand whether I was a bad hire or not. He's just lobbing bombs to make ppl feel bad.

I was the right fit with the right skills, and that is why my forward-thinking boss hired me even though I'm 65. He'd seen and understood my prior work. But I had some bad luck, with an emotional person who could not be reasoned with.

The continuum is Science<====================>Politics
    Politics has no use for facts, and Science has no use for Politics. Make your choice.
    Which would you think the client expects from us in recommending cloud security? Troll.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast