Default Is It Illegal for a Company to Not Honor a Warranty Because I Didn't Register It

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California

I've had an electric toothbrush for 4 years and it has a 4 year warranty with a few months left which hasn't expired yet, the toothbrush needs warranty service so I contacted the company. I've talked with two different customer service reps and the company is outright refusing to honor the warranty because I didn't register the warranty within 30 days of purchase because I didn't want to give them my information which they'll use for marketing purposes. I have the receipt and proof of purchase which I've sent them.

Aren't they legally obligated to honor the warranty anyways? Is it illegal for a company to not honor a warranty because I didn't register it?

Default Re: Is It Illegal for a Company to Not Honor a Warranty Because I Didn't Register It

Default Re: Is It Illegal for a Company to Not Honor a Warranty Because I Didn't Register It

So as I've previously mentioned the electric toothbrush has a 4 year warranty according to the paper that came with it, the company acts like the 4 year warranty never existed and they said that they only do 1 year warranties, I've sent them a photo of the warranty paper.

Is it illegal for the company to change the date of the warranty and not honor it?

Did you read what I linked? The answers are there for those willing to do that for themselves

It doesn't address my second question.

Quote Quoting Water1
    View Post
    It doesn't address my second question.
    How is the company changing the date of the warranty?

Quote Quoting Water1
    View Post
    So as I've previously mentioned the electric toothbrush has a 4 year warranty according to the paper that came with it, the company acts like the 4 year warranty never existed and they said that they only do 1 year warranties, I've sent them a photo of the warranty paper.

Is it illegal for the company to change the date of the warranty and not honor it?
    Of course it is. It's breach of the written warranty for which you can sue the company, and win.

I suggest you stop talking to customer service flunkies and write directly to the President of the corporation. Send copies of your receipt and the warranty.

I've had some successes doing that. But if it doesn't work you'll have to decide if it's worth your time and money to litigate or just write negative review on the internet.

I don't know what you paid for an electric toothbrush but I buy these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arm-Hammer-...sAAOSw~ZpdBqJF

They last a couple of years and when they quit I toss them and get another.

1. Sponsored Links