Default I Resigned but Ex-Employer Told New Job I Was Fired for "Poor Attitude and Not Showin

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: CA

Sorry for the title - in a nutshell, i resigned over the phone from a retail job two months ago, then, just recently found a new office job. Two days ago, new job rescinded the job because ex-employer told the new job that i had not resigned, but had instead been fired for having "a poor attitude and not showing up to work" !!

What can i do about this ? Is there anything i can even do about this ? Please help ?

Default Re: I Resigned but Ex-Employer Told New Job I Was Fired for "Poor Attitude and Not Sh

Was the employer in the process of firing you?

did you file for unemployment and if so, what did you and the employer claim as terms of separation (quit or fired) and were you granted ui benefits?

Default Re: I Resigned but Ex-Employer Told New Job I Was Fired for "Poor Attitude and Not Sh

Quote Quoting ECPC
    View Post

Sorry for the title - in a nutshell, i resigned over the phone from a retail job two months ago, then, just recently found a new office job. Two days ago, new job rescinded the job because ex-employer told the new job that i had not resigned, but had instead been fired for having "a poor attitude and not showing up to work" !!

What can i do about this ? Is there anything i can even do about this ? Please help ?
    The same fact pattern could support either of the contentions that you quit or would have been fired for having "a poor attitude and not showing up to work."

Why did you quit?

Quote Quoting ECPC
    View Post

Phone calls are really hard to prove. You didn't show up for work and you can't prove that you spoke to anyone there the day you quit.

1. Sponsored Links