Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Rights to Protect Property

Your basic premise is wrong. The police are allowed to arrest such people. No, you have no vigilante rights to go shooting people who are committing crimes to others.

Quote Quoting havip
    View Post
    Your basic premise is wrong. The police are allowed to arrest such people. No, you have no vigilante rights to go shooting people who are committing crimes to others.
    If you are going to quote @flyingron you should give him credit. Otherwise it's called "Plagiarism".

Your post has been reported for both the plagiarism of flyingron's post (from page one), and your commercial link.

Have a nice evening.

Quote Quoting AMR1980
    View Post
    I live in Seattle, where the police aren’t allowed to arrest people for property crimes/trespassing etc.
    I must have missed this thread so I’m getting in a little late, but would strongly urge everyone to watch as much as you can of the viral investigative news video, Seattle is Dying, in which the problem the OP referenced is well stated, and if you continue watching toward the end a very interesting solution is discussed. It’s really a drug problem. The solution involves arrest and conviction followed by incarceration with strong intervention. Housing placement for drug addicts in the hope they will fly straight is NOT a solution in most cases.

To get some idea of how people feel, start here.
    For opinions from police officers, start here.
    For a possible solution, start here.

I live in the Seattle area, and what the OP refers to has been in our local news A LOT. Every time I go into Seattle, I see the homeless camps and they are filthy.

Quote Quoting searcher99
    View Post
    I must have missed this thread so I’m getting in a little late, but would strongly urge everyone to watch as much as you can of the viral investigative news video, Seattle is Dying, in which the problem the OP referenced is well stated, and if you continue watching toward the end a very interesting solution is discussed. It’s really a drug problem. The solution involves arrest and conviction followed by incarceration with strong intervention. Housing placement for drug addicts in the hope they will fly straight is NOT a solution in most cases.

To get some idea of how people feel, start here.
    For opinions from police officers, start here.
    For a possible solution, start here.

I live in the Seattle area, and what the OP refers to has been in our local news A LOT. Every time I go into Seattle, I see the homeless camps and they are filthy.
    ^^^ This! ^^^
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4