Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Repo - Late on Pmnts, No Insurance, Car Borrowed, then Repoed. Who Liable

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    True.

I just like to see what kind of foolishness people get themselves into.
    Me too
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Default Re: Repo - Late on Pmnts, No Insurance, Car Borrowed, then Repoed. Who Liable

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Eh? Your father in law wasn't the one who didn't make the car payments. The fact that it was repo'd while in his possession isn't his fault. As Bud says, they'll come after you for any deficiency in the process. Absent seeing the "contract" you had with your relative, we can't tell you if you have a course of action against him, but I tend to doubt it and even if you did, he's probably not going to be easy to collect from. The bank you screwed doesn't know or need to care about your illegal transfer to your father in law.
    I think. Balance is $24,000 (donít know auction price or fees). Will my personal contract and the fact he got insurance on it help me either pass on the debt to him or maybe his insurance?

This a new one posting on old threads as if they are the OP. The user name Denimkatv is curious though.

Quote Quoting DENIMKATY
    View Post
    I think. Balance is $24,000 (donít know filezilla uc browser rufus auction price or fees). Will my personal contract and the fact he got insurance on it help me either pass on the debt to him or maybe his insurance?
    Eh? Your father in law wasn't the one who didn't make the car payments. The fact that it was repo'd while in his possession isn't his fault. As Bud says, they'll come after you for any deficiency in the process. Absent seeing the "contract" you had with your relative, we can't tell you if you have a course of action against him, but I tend to doubt it and even if you did, he's probably not going to be easy to collect from. The bank you screwed doesn't know or need to care about your illegal transfer to your father in law.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2