Default Do Moving Violation Penalty Points for California Driver Cited in Florida Carry Over

If I am cited with "Turned Left from Wrong Lane 316.151(1)b" in Florida while having a California driving license, will the moving violation points appear on my California driving record?

Default Re: Do Moving Violation Penalty Points for California Driver Cited in Florida Carry O

Yes, it will and your insurance carrier. How both Califonia and your carrier treat them can vary.

Default Re: Do Moving Violation Penalty Points for California Driver Cited in Florida Carry O

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Yes, it will and your insurance carrier. How both Califonia and your carrier treat them can vary.
    Thanks for the advice. Will taking online traffic school remove those points (I haven't paid the fine yet...it has been less than a week since I got the citation)?
    If yes, will it have to be a California traffic school or a Florida one?

I can't answer that one. I would suggest you contact the DMV in California. Normally you would go through the Judge to get traffic school but the judge that is hearing this case in Florida will likely no more than you or I on Califonia traffic school.

Thanks for the response. I will call them and ask.

1. Sponsored Links