Default Will I Keep My Job After a Positive Drug Test for Marijuana

Do I have a good case to fight for a lesser disciplinary action than termination since this is my first offense after 18 years and I had no other problems in my record? Also, everyone at work said it is policy, but they wanted to keep me. Can I apply for my old job once it is posted? I have not used marijuana in over 30 days, so I should pass any pre-employment drug test.

Default Re: Termination Due to Medical Marajuana Use

Quote Quoting nailiyatsi
    View Post
    Do I have a good case to fight for a lesser disciplinary action than termination since this is my first offense after 18 years and I had no other problems in my record? Also, everyone at work said it is policy, but they wanted to keep me. Can I apply for audacity find my iphone origin my old job once it is posted? I have not used marijuana in over 30 days, so I should pass any pre-employment drug test.
    may have missed the distinction between working for a private employer and working for the government. You are probably correct in the private sector if the employer has a written policy on the use of medical marijuana.

But in public sector employment in FL, the employer must have reasonable suspicion as to the use of controlled substances to ask for a urine test. Without a reasonable suspicion of use it violates the employee's constitutional protection.

One of many cases:

OP should consult an employee attorney in FL to find out if her rights have been violated.

Default Re: Will I Keep My Job After a Positive Drug Test for Marijuana

Whether you get fired or something else is entirely up to your employer.

1. Sponsored Links