Default Tenant Rights For a Rat Infestation

I have had a Rat problem for about three weeks now. I told them the 4th day I moved in that we have days. Pest control came and left one trap for the rats... then some maintenance guys came a week later and patched up some holes where the rats were coming from which was the water heater room. They didnít come for a day. Now they came back pooping all over the kitchen floor. I donít leave food out so I donít know what they are eating. I bought additional traps and caught some rats but more keeps coming. What do I do? Do I report them to the Florida Department is heath? I have lived here for less than a month and I still have all these rats coming in. I keep telling the leasing office and sent picture through text messages. When the maintenance workers came they took a picture of the rat itself that they found in the traps. I live in an apartment in Florida.

Default Re: Tenant Rights For a Rat Infestation

Is this a single family home? An apartment? If an apartment, are other neighbors affected?

If you have a continuing rat infestation problem and your landlord has been unable or unwilling to address it, it is among your options to request a housing code inspection from your local government. That and other options are described here.

Default Re: Tenant Rights For a Rat Infestation

Quote Quoting LazyLlana
    View Post
    Do I report them to the Florida Department is heath?

Yes.

What are you waiting for?

1. Sponsored Links