Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Employee File

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: at will

Can one request a "full" copy of their employment record after being terminated?

Default Re: Employee File

Quote Quoting OnTheRun
    View Post
    My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: at will

Can one request a "full" copy of their employment record after being terminated?
    One can certainly "request" a full copy and the employer can certainly say "no."

I have found nothing online to indicate that Kansas employers have any obligation to provide records to former employees.

However, if you have reason to sue a former employer you can request those records during discovery. How much good they will do you is anybody's guess.

According to your previous threads, you were fired for cause.

Most people (including me) who were fired for cause just go on to other employment instead of making a federal case out of it.

Posting Hx.
    We've been through this before. Even when the right to see your file, the information your grasping at doesn't necessarily have to be in it.

I did get a "published" version of the file. It does not list the "reasons" I am asking if I can request to see the "full" copy of the file. I assume that information is required by law or at least good practice to be in the file.

Quote Quoting OnTheRun
    View Post
    Nothing in there says you are entitled to your file.

Again, you can "request" it but there appears to be nothing in Kansas law that requires them to give you any more than you have already been given.

You can request anything you like. You can request the full file; you can request that they provide you with a 3D, life size replica of the moon.

If they say NO to either request, there's not a damn thing you can do about it. They didn't have to give you as much as they already have.

One more time for those in the cheap seats: There is nothing in the law of Kansas or Federal law that is going to require the employer to give you a full copy of your file. There is no law prohibiting you from requesting it; there is no law requiring them to do anything other than ignore you if they choose to.

In all of your threads under all of your names, you have posted Absolutely. Nothing. to suggest that your termination was wrongful.

Well I want the file to see the specific reason - per the code of conduct. I recalling the reason given is below:

Maintaining Proprietary Information Proprietary information is knowledge Proprietary information includes all non-public information that might be useful to our competitors or harmful to our company or its customers,

I stated that the email did not violate this code of conduct policy given the sharing of the information was not useful to our competitors or harmful to our company or its customers. And the names of the people are on LinkedIn thus public

File for unemployment. Assuming they fight the claim you will get lots of information.

As you've been told, whether you violated any code of conduct your company has is immaterial. They're free to fire you.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast