Default I Was Issued a Warning Citation from My Apartment Complex's Tow Company

I reside in Riverside, Ca in an apartment complex. My fiancé and I both own our own vehicle, with my vehicle being used the most. I keep my vehicle in the garage and her’s is parked in the apartments first come first serve parking space. Today we checked her car and notice a warning citation from the tow company stating that we were in violation for “storing” her car and threatened to tow her vehicle. Mind you, her car is in operable condition, it is not abandoned, it is fully registered and insured, and registered with the apartments leasing office and displays the proper parking pass/ sticker on the window. A week ago the maintenance guy who also lives in the complex told my fiancé she should move her car so it doesn’t look like the vehicle is abandoned and she explained to him we have two cars and use mine more often and that her car works. I think the spot she was parked in was his usual spot and was upset that her car is always parked in his usual spoT

Default Re: I Was Issued a Warning Citation from My Apartment Complex's Tow Company

If her car runs move it from time to time. Problem solved.

Default Re: I Was Issued a Warning Citation from My Apartment Complex's Tow Company

Check your lease agreement and see what it says about parking. If it requires you to move the car periodically, so be it. If not, then maybe you need to discuss this with management. Be thankful you were advised and not ambushed with a tow.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

I checked my lease “Expired registration, abandoned, or inoperable vehicles that exhibit being stored or have not moved within a 96 hour period are subject to immediate towing...”. I take that as vehicles exhibiting signs of expired registration, abandonment, or inoperable are subject to move within 96 hours or be towed. I does not say any vehicle but vehicles exhibiting the attributes described. My lease states parking is first come, first serve. I spoke with the leasing office yesterday and they said i should just wash my car. No where in my lease does is say my car has to be clean at all times.

It does appear to say that it has to be moved within 96 hours, so, I'd suggest moving it at least once every 4 days.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting aaviles9
    View Post
    I checked my lease “Expired registration, abandoned, or inoperable vehicles that exhibit being stored or have not moved within a 96 hour period are subject to immediate towing...”. I take that as vehicles exhibiting signs of expired registration, abandonment, or inoperable are subject to move within 96 hours or be towed. I does not say any vehicle but vehicles exhibiting the attributes described. My lease states parking is first come, first serve. I spoke with the leasing office yesterday and they said i should just wash my car. No where in my lease does is say my car has to be clean at all times.
    There you go. Move the car every 3 days and you are golden.

If it's not being moved AND it's dirty with debris that has collected around and on it, it could be considered abandoned. If you aren't moving it once or twice a week (or every 4 days), then I can see a possible issue that you aren't really parking your car but storing it there. Maybe just trade off every once in a while so that you can keep the coveted spot....

Quote Quoting aaviles9
    View Post
    You're reading what you want to read and not what's written.

vehicles that exhibit being stored or have not moved within a 96 hour period are subject to immediate towing
    She needs to use her car frequently, keep it washed and change spots if there is more than one.

Otherwise, you're not going to win this. When the car gets towed it'll cost you $500 to get it back and you'll be back here wanting to sue somebody and there will be nothing to sue for because you've had ample and proper warning.

And, yeah, be thankful it hasn't been towed already.

1. Sponsored Links