Default Can I Call CPS

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Virgina.

I wanted to know if I could call or report a mother that allows her three year old daughter to sleep and live in a bed bug filled home. We told her that it would spred from the living room when they where just on the sofas from someone bringing them in from outside the home.

But she ignored us so its spred to the room where they sleep she has bought items to try to stop the bedbugs but she hasnt used them once. Now the baby has sores on her shoulder and she's still sleeping in the bed with the bed bugs and now the bugs are spreding to the other two bedrooms.

So is there anything I can do about this the other two adults that sleep in the same room in the same bed they don't seem to care that there are bedbugs bitting them when i saw the babys shoulder I had to ask if I could report this to at least get her mother to do something or anything about the bugs.

Default Re: Can I Call CPS

You can always call cps even if you have nothing more than a suspicion. They are obligated to investigate reports made.

if the parents refuse to act to improve the conditions, I would see no other alternative unless you are willing to ignore the issue.

I'm not going to ignore the issue. Thank you for letting me know I'm new to anything like this so I just wanted to ask

In the states I’m aware of, the identity of the reporter is kept confidential. If true in your state, that would mean cps will not release who made the report. If true, as long as you don’t spill the beans the parents may never know who made rhe report.

in the end, unless there are other issues, it would be likely the only thing the parents would have to do is abate the bedbug issue. They should be trying to do that anyway. This may result in little more than pushing them to do something they should already be doing.

Ok. I understand better now

And if you do contact CPS, they will not get back to you and report on what action they took.

You should also be aware that bedbugs are extremely difficult to get rid of. People can work hard on the issue for months, and still not solve it. Professional bedbug removal costs several thousand dollars.

1. Sponsored Links