Question Is It Illegal to Mail Nude Photographs of Myself (an Adult) to Another Adult

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Miami Florida >> Chicago Illinois

This may seem really weird/crazy but please don't judge. Back in year 2015 (when I was 21 years old) when I was living in CHICAGO ILLINOIS. I posted an ad on craigslist looking for a boyfriend & this one man who was in his 50s replied to it. We talked for a bit, but eventually ended up loosing contact with each other & never met but I still had his email saved on my computer with his last name (but the craigslist reply email was only temporary).

Fast-forward to last week (I Now live in MIAMI Florida now), I looked him up, and found his home address on the sex offender registry (he was arrested in 2006 for hooking up with an underage person), which i absolutely do think is wrong but i still wanted to talk to him. So I wrote him a letter and included naked pictures of myself/genitals with it and i mailed it to him, WITHOUT a return address and only with my google voice number listed in the letter.

I'm just curious, was this illegal? the letter said Nothing threatening, it was just saying that i wanted to talk to him and if he wants me to leave him alone, I would. And we are both Adults (I'm 25 and he's in his 50s).

I'm also having a Very difficult time imaging the police in Illinois tracking me down all the way in Florida with just my google voice number and arresting me for this. Could I actually get in trouble for this?

Default Re: Is It Illegal to Mail Nude Photographs of Myself (an Adult) to Another Adult

You need to get in counseling. Your risky behavior may one day cost you your life. If you do not get help.

Default Re: Is It Illegal to Mail Nude Photographs of Myself (an Adult) to Another Adult

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    You need to get in counseling. Your risky behavior may one day cost you your life. If you do not get help.
    the letter didn't have a return address. and I'm actually a Man myself.

I was just worried if i could face any criminal charges for this.

I was honestly just worried that if the guy got my note and pictures of me in the mail that he might get freaked out that i'm some 'psycho stalker' or something like that because i had his home address and that he'd call the police to track me down and arrest me, but would the police really do that?

the note said that If he didn't want to talk i'd leave him alone. And i thought in order for it to be considered stalking or harassment it has to be repeated contact over and over again... i only mailed him one letter.

1. Sponsored Links