Default Coca-Cola

My question involves personal finance in the State of: I am not sure. I live abroad.

I bought some shares in the Coca-Cola Beverages in 1999. Since then I have not received any dividends. I wrote to them earlier as well with my change of address and enquiring about my dividends. But now the company which is managing the Coca-Cola Beverages PLC & Hellenic Bottling SA shares are claiming that my dividend cheques have been cashed until 2004. Then in 2015 they sold my shares. And they never received any letter from me or the change of address or that I am not receiving any dividends.

Can a company sell a share without the shareholders consent? And shouldn't they have some record that who has been cashing my dividend cheques? I do not know how to deal with it and what legal actions can I take.

I would certainly appreciate some guidance.

Thank you.

Default Re: Coca-Cola

Quote Quoting Deeba
    View Post
    I do not know how to deal with it and what legal actions can I take.
    I suggest you consult an attorney who specializes in securities litigation.

And especially one in Greece where the poster almost certainly resides. I suspect his shares are not in the Atlanta-based Coca Cola but rather Coca-Cola HBC, their Greek bottling company

What is a 'securities litigation'?

It is Coca-Cola Beverages Group PLC and Hellenic Bottling SA.

It is the specialty of the type of lawyer you need to hire in Greece.

Quote Quoting Deeba
    View Post
    What is a 'securities litigation'?

It is Coca-Cola Beverages Group PLC and Hellenic Bottling SA.
    "Stocks", in English, can also be called "securities". You want an attorney who deals with issues regarding stocks.

You'll need a lawyer in the country where this is taking place. This site deals with law in the United States, and the laws of each country are different, sometimes very different.

PLC is not a US designation of a corporation. You are apparently not in US and not suing a US entity. You are way beyond the scope of this forum. PLC is a term used in the UK (and many of the other Commonwealth countries) as well as Greece.

Not that I did an exhaustive search, but I could find no evidence that a corporation called "Coca-Cola Beverages PLC" or "Coca-Cola Beverages PLC & Hellenic Bottling SA" exists. However, a corporation called Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (aka Coca-Cola HBC A.G.) does exist. It's a Greek corporation headquartered in Switzerland, and its shares are listed on the London and Athens Stock Exchanges. The Wikipedia article provides some basic information about this corporation. Other than its obvious connection to Coca-Cola, the corporation has no ties at all to the United States. You're going to need a Greek corporate attorney to advise you.

1. Sponsored Links