My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California

We have a large (over 120 square feet) sitting partially within the PUC easement at the back of our property. It has been in the same spot for at least 25 years or more. It is impossible to move due to mature trees that have grown around it and we do not wish to simply tear it down.

Is it possible to get a waiver or something from the PUC so that we can go forward with a building permit that has the shed location as an encroachment condition and get the condition lifted?