Default Speeding . Somehow

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Virginia

I was driving south on the Chesapeake expressway and when I got close to the Hanbury exit I saw a cop on a motorcycle put his light one and came in the far left where I was at I was going the speed limit so I was not worried so I pulled over. He came over and said he clocked me going 71 in a 55 on mile 12 which was 2 miles back so I asked him how was he able to clock me from 2 miles away and he just argued with me. By mile12 there were no cops 2 miles later I see him on his bike on the side of the road so how did he see me on mike 12? He said I used my laser so I took the ticket and left does anyone think I can win if I fight this?

Default Re: Speeding . Somehow

Yes.
    I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.

Quote Quoting Gilly27
    View Post
    how did he see me on mike 12?
    How could anyone here possibly know?

Quote Quoting Gilly27
    View Post
    does anyone think I can win if I fight this?
    In the abstract, virtually anything is possible, but it should be obvious that your post provides no basis for anyone to hazard an intelligent opinion about your likelihood of prevailing. That you didn't notice the cop before he pulled you over is a meaningless fact.

Eh? He was probably moving. Cops are allowed to follow people around to see if they are going to commit more serious or additional crimes.

A regular speeding ticket is going to be held in general district court. If you don't bring an attorney, the commonwealth won't have one either. You're free to ask questions (not argue with) the officer about where he was when he observed you and what he observed you doing. You can then appeal to your judge if the distances are unreasonable. If your record is otherwise clean, even if guilty the judge may give you some consideration (waive the fine, allow you to do VADIP, etc..).

I've seen GDC judges who were lenient and I've seen some that are sumbitches.

1. Sponsored Links