Default Every Motion Must Have a Statement That Movant Has Conferred with Opposing Counsel

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Texas, Federal Court

Every motion must have a statement that the movant has conferred with opposing counsel?

FRCP Rule 7 did not mention this? Our local LR7.1 D has statements:

Except for motions under Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 12(b), (c),
    (e), or (f) and 56, contain an averment that
    (1) The movant has conferred with the respondent and
    (2) Counsel cannot agree about the disposition of the motion

Based on LR7.1 D, Whenever I file a motion, I need to confer with Defendant? When Defendant file a motion, it does not include this statement. Of many motions filed, Defendant only confer with me once about the motion it going to file.

Default Re: Every Motion Must Have a Statement That Movant Has Conferred with Opposing Counse

This is thread number 5 on the same topic.

https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sea...archid=3113615

It's apparent you are in way over your head and need a lawyer.

You aren't going to get a law school degree or litigation experience from these threads. You can only do yourself more harm than good.

Default Re: Every Motion Must Have a Statement That Movant Has Conferred with Opposing Counse

Quote Quoting worldfg
    View Post
    Based on LR7.1 D, Whenever I file a motion, I need to confer with Defendant? When Defendant file a motion, it does not include this statement. Of many motions filed, Defendant only confer with me once about the motion it going to file.
    I don't understand what your question is. There are two sentences in your post that end with a question mark, but neither is phrased as a question.

Also, you didn't say which of the four federal judicial districts in Texas you're concerned with.

Quote Quoting worldfg
    View Post
    My question involves court procedures for the state of: Texas, Federal Court

Every motion must have a statement that the movant has conferred with opposing counsel?

FRCP Rule 7 did not mention this? Our local LR7.1 D has statements:

Except for motions under Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 12(b), (c),
    (e), or (f) and 56, contain an averment that
    (1) The movant has conferred with the respondent and
    (2) Counsel cannot agree about the disposition of the motion

For the love of all that is good in the world -- would you PLEASE keep all your questions in one thread?

So what is troubling you? Apparently its the inability to understand plain English. Either that or you have nothing better to do than call attention to yourself as having read a standard local federal court rule even though you don't seem to understand it.

1. Sponsored Links