Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Obtaining Remodeling Permit on the Second Home by Homeowner

Well, there you have it. If the permit people won't accept your permit application without a registered contractor, "explaining" laws to them isn't going to change anything because the interpretation of the requirements are made way above their pay grade.

Your option is to hire the contractor or do the work without a permit and take your chances.

Or, move into the house and work from there.

Default Re: Obtaining Remodeling Permit on the Second Home by Homeowner

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Well, there you have it. If the permit people won't accept your permit application without a registered contractor, "explaining" laws to them isn't going to change anything because the interpretation of the requirements are made way above their pay grade.

Your option is to hire the contractor or do the work without a permit and take your chances.

Or, move into the house and work from there.
    It is worse than this, because "registered contractor" is not enough for them to pull the permit. They want a signature of someone with construction supervisor license. Which means, if I hire someone with the CSL he will require me to use his workers, not the workers I want to.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2