Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Animal Death

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Your post was a bit cryptic to me. I didn’t realize you were involving yourself personally.

I will say i suspect absolutely nothing will happen. It will likely be explained away is some way that makes it appear legit.
    I hope not, at least with the ISP involved ACO Jerry Clase will lose his job, but given that he has had that position for 32 years, he's probably reaching retirement age anyway.

All I did was send e-mails to the county council and a series of FB messages to the SD, which became increasingly pointed everytime they sent me a short boilerplate reply until they finally had to sit down and craft a proper response.

I bet I spent less than half an hour, but if they know people half a country away are pissed at this at least that may keep them a little on there toes.

C
    Quote Quoting MaltbyMark
    View Post
    I hope not, at least with the ISP involved ACO Jerry Clase will lose his job, but given that he has had that position for 32 years, he's probably reaching retirement age anyway.

All I did was send e-mails to the county council, and a series of FB messages to the SD, becoming increasingly pointed everytime they sent me a short boilerplate reply, until they finally had to sit down and craft a proper response.

I bet I spent less than half an hour, but if they know people half a country away are pissed at this at least that may keep them a little on there toes.

Kudos to you. It’s good to see somebody taking such action.

Yes, thank you one and all. I believe that they are taking the matter seriously. But I really have little faith that they will do anything. He has gotten away with it for years and years and they have known about it for that long. They just choose to look the other way and no one can understand why. All we can hope for is that they retire him or fire him. Any of these would be a good thing..

Thank you sir. Hopefully they will see that it is serious with people taking notice of it.

Quote Quoting labsmom5
    View Post
    The owner of the dog said that her dog was chained in her garage and did not look like that when she left for work on that morning. When she returned home, there was no dog and no collar.
    I'm not impressed with people who chain their dogs when they go to work

Me either. But here is the new update... Called ISP today and they were really concerned how she found out there was a criminal investigation on the issue. She told them that the commissioners had told her and it was published in the newspaper that the commissioners had said it.

Indiana State Police told her that they and the Commissioners had already discussed the issue and the commissioners had said that there was no criminal charges to be brought against Mr. Clase and no investigation. WTF? SO the commissioners are lying and the KCSD is lying. The ISP told her to file civil charges if she wanted to.

I really think the fact that you are getting information second hand is becoming a problem. It would be up to the ISP and a prosecutor to decide if there were criminal charges, not the commissioners.

Quote Quoting labsmom5
    View Post

Indiana State Police told her that they and the Commissioners had already discussed the issue and the commissioners had said that there was no criminal charges to be brought against Mr. Clase and no investigation. WTF? SO the commissioners are lying and the KCSD is lying. The ISP told her to file civil charges if she wanted to.
    Rather than a series of lies, it is far more likely that your source has difficulty listening, hearing or comprehending what she is told. All credible sources state that the ISP is conducting a investigation. Whatever happens will result in an official press release by the ISP.

No, I called the ISP myself because I could not believe it. The officer there (and I have his name) told me that there is NO investigation. They talked with the commissioners last week and the commissioners decided that there was no criminal acts done by the ACO and that there would be no charges filed and no investigation. They did this same thing 9 years ago. Said they investigated but now 1 person filing an affidavit was contacted. And I can also vouch for that because I was one of the ones that filed one.

I've been trying to follow the various threads on this for some time now. Although a bit disjointed and lacking in details, here's the impression I've gotten solely from the OP's posts and readingnin between the lines.

One of more people are upset with the manner in which an Animal Control officer has carried out his dutes in putting down animals. They wish to see him fired and criminally prosecuted for this and have made complaints to this effect to his employer and several law enforcement agencies.

The government agency overseeing the Animal Control Agency states they have investigated the matter and found no wrongdoing on the part of the officer and therefor declines to take action.

The law enforcement agencies contacted have similarly declined to become involved.

In order for a government agency to discipline an employee, they must usually demonstrate that person violated a rule, regulation or policy of the agency, the direction of a supervisor, or of the law. That apparently is not the case here as the Animal Control officer is still employed, in spite of the public outcry.

In order to investigate, law enforcement must first have a reasonable basis for believing a crime has been committed. That apparently is not the case as law enforcement has declined to do so in spite of the public outcry.

So, what we have here is a philosophical disagreement by two individuals as to how the Animal Control Officer should have done his job, for for which they want him fired and sent to jail.

ENOUGH!

To the OP and her friend - I am truly sorry for the loss of your beloved animals (i really am). But, your complaints have been heard and it has apparently been determined that the Animal Control Officer acted within the norms and standards set for him in carrying out the duties of his job. To discipline him now is like saying to him, "Yes, we know we said you were authorized to do that, but you should have known we really didn't mean it, and now we are going to discipline and fire you for being stupid enough to believe us in the first place." We don't treat givernment employees that way.

Leave the guy alone.

If you don't like how he handled the matter, lobby to change the policy governing how matters such as this are dealt with. If that's not enough, hire an attorney to sue for your perceived wrongs, but to continue as you are serves no purpose.

Quote Quoting labsmom5
    View Post
    No, I called the ISP myself because I could not believe it. The officer there (and I have his name) told me that there is NO investigation. They talked with the commissioners last week and the commissioners decided that there was no criminal acts done by the ACO and that there would be no charges filed and no investigation. They did this same thing 9 years ago. Said they investigated but now 1 person filing an affidavit was contacted. And I can also vouch for that because I was one of the ones that filed one.
    I'm becoming fully incredulous. So the County Council and the SD are claiming that the ISP is investigating, and the ISP told you they are not investigating because they take their marching orders from the Commissioners of a rural county?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast