Default Countries Offer Dual Citizenship

Can anyone tell me which countries offer dual Citizenship? Thank you in Advance

Default Re: Countries Offer Dual Citizenship

I know of one. Poland. Because my grandparents came from there. There is a rumor in my family that we can claim dual citizenship but I haven't verified that.

Why don't you google your question and see what comes up.

There's this great thing called Google where you can type in a question and either get answers or links where you can research the answer.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    I know of one. Poland. . . . There is a rumor. . . . I haven't verified that.
    Ummm....

Countries do not offer dual citizenship. That's not how it works. I am a dual citizen but I was born to it. There are countries that recognize dual citizenship, but none that offer it.

Please be aware that the US does not really recognize the concept of dual citizenship. They reluctantly recognize that other countries recognize the concept of dual citizenship, and they accept it only because they have no authority to tell another country who they can and cannot recognize as a citizen. In the event that you somehow acquire citizenship through another country, you need to be very careful how you do it lest you find that you have accidentally relinquished your US citizenship.

What is it that you are trying to do?

I'm going to disagree. If you have US citizenship, even if you acquire citizenship in another country, the US can't take it away without either you explicitly taking steps to relinquish it (remember Bill Clinton?) or the courts take formal action to remove it. Of course, your bigger issue is whether a foreign country will honor your US citizenship if you have another.

As far as the US is concerned, for as long as you are still a US citizen, you must avail yourself of that in US matters (notably, you must show your US passport on entry into the US).

You can disagree all you want, but you would be wrong. It happened to a member of my family.

1. Sponsored Links