Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Being Denied 100% Benefits

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    You do realize that Trump and the Republicans are for slashing your benefits, right?
    Now how would he expect to win the 2020 election. If he wants to slash anything, he can start with the WEP.
    Its no secret that there's enough retires that can vote against him. Would you elaborate who what he plans to do?

Quote Quoting rjlocal22
    View Post
    Now how would he expect to win the 2020 election. If he wants to slash anything, he can start with the WEP.
    Its no secret that there's enough retires that can vote against him. Would you elaborate who what he plans to do?

If you did your own research you would know. It is a mistake to depend on the media for all of the facts. As far as Trump lying. All anyone has to do is put forth the effort and time listening to the words that actually come out of Trump's mouth. Never depend on others to tell you what Trump says.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting rjlocal22
    View Post
    First, it's not the retirees, it's the Millennials and Gen Z. If they actually voted (given their general political leanings) the Republicans would never win again. Second, one of the advantages that Republicans have, as a block, is they move in lockstep.

Second, Trump and the other Republicans have openly state their desire to decimate SS and Medicare and you can be that the taxes that are drawn won't come off of your check, it'll just get redirected.

Third, I have no idea what Trump intends to do. He's a complete lunatic who vacillates and whipsaws around on issues in a way that gives me a headache...well I get a headache when he flaps his gums, but then he's lying anyway.

Fourth, you can gripe all you want but complaining to us is like screaming into the wind. If you want to complain to someone who can do something about it then contact your Representative and Senators.

I love hearing these Trump/Republican retiree voters complain about how their Medicare and SS benefits are "low" after they continue time and time again to vote for those that rob the funds, sorry, "borrow", and profess to want to eradicate it. What temerity!
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

I do not want this thread to turn into political debate as both political parties can share the blame for social security and medicare's shortcomings.

Quote Quoting rjlocal22
    View Post
    I do not want this thread to turn into political debate as both political parties can share the blame for social security and medicare's shortcomings.
    Well, you are the one that brought up your support for trump.

That's because I believe he is the one to make America great again. Any changes in the future of social security and medicare will be a future benefit for all of us. Sending jobs overseas has hurt social security because those who lost their jobs had to take a lower paying job, thus less fica tax's was collected. Right now, there are 153 million people working and there are 62 million on social security. The workforce is not big enough to continue things as they are. Jobs either have to come back or ways to create new jobs. The only other alternative is to raise fica tax's or fix the present abuses in social security or both.

Quote Quoting rjlocal22
    View Post
    That's because I believe he is the one to make America great again. Any changes in the future of social security and medicare will be a future benefit for all of us. Sending jobs overseas has hurt social security because those who lost their jobs had to take a lower paying job, thus less fica tax's was collected. Right now, there are 153 million people working and there are 62 million on social security. The workforce is not big enough to continue things as they are. Jobs either have to come back or ways to create new jobs. The only other alternative is to raise fica tax's or fix the present abuses in social security or both.
    He said he already has made America great again. If he believes what he says, everybody needs to take all the hats and bumper stickers and whatever saying “make America great again” or “MAGA” and throw them away. Anything else suggests trump hasn’t been successful or truthful in his claims.

Your job statement is obfuscation. It has been known for a long time that as the baby boomer generation retires there would be a critical point in social security. It’s here. There wasn’t anything to prevent this short of major changes in social security. We could have 100% employment and still face a shortage, and you should be thrilled Obama did something to get unemployment back under control.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    If he believes what he says, everybody needs to take all the hats and bumper stickers and whatever saying “make America great again” or “MAGA” and throw them away.
    ??????? I always thought MAGA stood for Mexican American Grocers Association. My bad.

Social security benefits are to provide assistance to people after the retirement. You are receiving 100% benefits because you have applied early for these benefits. You must wait till 66 year to enjoy the 100% benefits. The monthly installments you get will automatically be deducted if you applied earlier for this program.

Quote Quoting rjlocal22
    View Post

Now I am 79 years old and starting to notice my dollars do not go as far as they did prior to retiring.

Did you not put away any savings in all those working years?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast