Quote Quoting Blawrence5
View Post
Maybe you could help explain the process for Modification for me. I am assuming that we both will not be in court as she is 17 hours away.
As previously mentioned, I doubt anyone here is familiar with family law procedure in Iowa (not everyone who posts here regularly is a lawyer, and I have no idea whether anyone who posts here regularly is in Iowa). Generally, however, the process of seeking a contested modification involves filing a petition or motion, along with supporting papers. The opposing party then has a chance to file an opposition, and the moving party may have an opportunity to file a reply to the opposition. The court might schedule a hearing or might simply decide the matter based on the papers. If the court does schedule a hearing, it may or may not be an evidentiary hearing that the parties have to attend.