Default California Laws

Hello. I am wondering: I was told unless by my city's traffic division if a non officer records me running a red light, illegal turn, or speeding, then shows an officer, that I can't get in trouble. I'm not sure but IF I ran a red light, it looked like my vehicle was past the intersection.
    Also, I want to be as anonymous as possible, but I have called the traffic division and fortunately they said they no longer use red light cameras in my city. Now this is what I do worst case: I have taken pictures of red light camera signs required to be posted within 200 feet. I also take pictures of areas where there is a red light violation sign but no camera. If an officer didn't record me, how would these defenses hold in court?
    Also, if I don't hurt anyone, but run a red light, am I still able to be charged with reckless driving??

Default Re: California Laws

If nobody saw you do it and you haven't received a citation in the mail then it doesn't make sense to agonize over it now.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    If nobody saw you do it and you haven't received a citation in the mail then it doesn't make sense to agonize over it now.
    Posting History over various site is illuminating.

Quote Quoting SDLivin
    View Post
    I was told unless by my city's traffic division if a non officer records me running a red light, illegal turn, or speeding, then shows an officer, that I can't get in trouble.
    What does "my city's traffic division" mean? Unless you're talking about an officer employed by your city's police department, I wouldn't expect this statement to be reliable.

Quote Quoting SDLivin
    View Post
    I'm not sure but IF I ran a red light, it looked like my vehicle was past the intersection.
    Huh?

Quote Quoting SDLivin
    View Post
    I have called the traffic division and fortunately they said they no longer use red light cameras in my city. Now this is what I do worst case: I have taken pictures of red light camera signs required to be posted within 200 feet. I also take pictures of areas where there is a red light violation sign but no camera. If an officer didn't record me, how would these defenses hold in court?
    Again, huh?

Quote Quoting SDLivin
    View Post
    if I don't hurt anyone, but run a red light, am I still able to be charged with reckless driving?
    Running a red light will typically get you charged with exactly that (i.e., VC 21453(a)). It will rarely result in a reckless driving charge.

Whoever "recorded you" would have to show up in court as a witness. Worst case, they will have an electronic recording of the car running a red light, but no definitive proof who was driving. Plus, in California, prosecutors almost never handle traffic infractions; thus there will be no impetus for this to ever get into court. So, don't admit anything to anyone... then, forget it about it all and enjoy your life.

1. Sponsored Links