Default Server Forgot to Provide Receipt

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Washington (Kitsap County)

Court tomorrow and the server (owner of the home the defendant stays in) admitted he forgot to file the service receipt with the court.
    I have text and facebook messages from both the server and the defendant, time-stapped two months ago, admitting reception of the court documents. Will that suffice?
    The receipt of service form is supposed to be filed with the court at least 5 days before so not sure what to do.

Thank you for any and all help.

Default Re: Server Forgot to Provide Receipt

Quote Quoting Iblis
    View Post
    Will that suffice?
    Beats me.

Wouldn't have had the problem with a professional process server.

Default Re: Server Forgot to Provide Receipt

Quote Quoting Iblis
    View Post
    Court tomorrow and the server (owner of the home the defendant stays in) admitted he forgot to file the service receipt with the court.
    I have text and facebook messages from both the server and the defendant, time-stapped two months ago, admitting reception of the court documents. Will that suffice?
    Your post refers to two people in the third-person: "the server" (who is also apparently the "owner of the home the defendant stays in") and "the defendant." I therefore assume that you are neither of those people. I therefore have to wonder why it would matter in the slightest that you have these messages. What is your relationship to the court proceeding in question? Also, what is the nature of the lawsuit?

P.S. A party to a lawsuit cannot legally effect service him/herself.

1. Sponsored Links