Question Bump in Road

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Montana. I live up a private easement which only a few people have legal access on. One neighbor put a berm on the dirt road that has damaged my low-clearance RV since I have scraped my underside on the berm multiple times with that vehicle. There is no way I can avoid the berm and still get to and from my property. I have informally and nicely (in writing) asked him to remove it for the stated reason but the only response I got was his wife trying to yell at me as I drove by. I can buy a $20,000 tractor and remove it myself but that may just lead to tractor wars. Is hiring a lawyer and filing a lawsuit my only real option since he has ignored my request?

Default Re: Bump in Road

Quote Quoting Qquince
    View Post
    My question involves real estate located in the State of: Montana. I live up a private easement which only a few people have legal access on. One neighbor put a berm on the dirt road that has damaged my low-clearance RV since I have scraped my underside on the berm multiple times with that vehicle. There is no way I can avoid the berm and still get to and from my property. I have informally and nicely (in writing) asked him to remove it for the stated reason but the only response I got was his wife trying to yell at me as I drove by. I can buy a $20,000 tractor and remove it myself but that may just lead to tractor wars. Is hiring a lawyer and filing a lawsuit my only real option since he has ignored my request?
    That would likely be the only way to permanently (or at least as close t permanent as you can get) and legally deal with the issue.

What kind of RV is low enough that you can't drive S-L-O-W-L-Y over a speed bump without scraping the underbody?

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    What kind of RV is low enough that you can't drive S-L-O-W-L-Y over a speed bump without scraping the underbody?
    A small one. Plus it's not a speed bump, rather a very poor attempt at drainage control, I believe. (The road has other, older, effective means of controlling water which is what this neighbor should put if he thinks more are needed.)

Quote Quoting Qquince
    View Post
    A small one.
    Perhaps a lift kit would be cheaper than litigation.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Perhaps a lift kit would be cheaper than litigation.
    No.

1. Sponsored Links