Default Home Birth Certificate

My question involves public health law in the State of: wife an I had a home birth over 19years ago, How do we go about to get a birth certificate for her, what steps need to be taken, before getting her SS, or ID. Her birth was never filed by the midwife in Tennessee as we lived an had baby in Georgia. We have the original copy of her footprints an moms thumb prints, a couple of verified copies of medical. Thanks

Default Re: Home Birth Certificate

Quote Quoting RudyGoins
    View Post
    My question involves public health law in the State of: wife an I had a home birth over 19years ago, How do we go about to get a birth certificate for her, what steps need to be taken, before getting her SS, or ID. Her birth was never filed by the midwife in Tennessee as we lived an had baby in Georgia. We have the original copy of her footprints an moms thumb prints, a couple of verified copies of medical. Thanks
    May I ask why you waited till your child was an adult to take care of this? How did she get in school?

You will have to get a Georgia certificate and you will have to do it in person. Here's the form. https://dph.georgia.gov/sites/dph.ge...h%20Packet.pdf I suggest you contact https://dph.georgia.gov before you just show up because there are going to be lots of hoops to jump through.

I’ve always wondered; what if a parent cannot adequately support the birth and the state refuses to issue a birth certificate? Does the child live as a legal ghost?

just blue; home school?

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    I’ve always wondered; what if a parent cannot adequately support the birth and the state refuses to issue a birth certificate? Does the child live as a legal ghost?

just blue; home school?
    I guess...but I would think you still have to register the child with the state so they can make sure the parent is following the HS guidelines.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/homeschool...georgia-253453

I guess you don't need the BC. Bizarre...you don't have to prove your the childs parent to HS. smh...

1. Sponsored Links