Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Guilty by Plea Overtuned

My question involves criminal law for the state of: MD

If someone pleads guilty, I understand that it is very difficult to get the verdict overturned.

Does anyone know of ways to get a guilty by plea overturned? Any specific cases would be helpful.

My case is in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County. However, I only plead guilty to misdemeanors. (Police charged me for felonies without probable cause, and I understand that ham sandwiches are indictable.)

Thank you!

Default Re: Guilty by Plea Overtuned

You understand wrong. Ham is a noble meat. Only, lesser luncheon meats can be indicted.

The problem is that you made a informed, knowing, and voluntary plea and that's hard to reversed. Lack of probable cause was something that needed to be challenged long ago.
    The only times such pleas and convictions are typically overturned is when the defense can show that there was some unconstitutional level of coercion applied to the defendant to get him to plea.
    Even then, it's not a guarantee.

You've not provided a shred of detail here that would make it possible to even guess at your chances.

Your other option is expungement: https://mdcourts.gov/legalhelp/expungement

And you will get better answers here if you don't vent your spleen other people's threads who are trying to get real answers.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    You understand wrong. Ham is a noble meat. Only, lesser luncheon meats can be indicted.

The problem is that you made a informed, knowing, and voluntary plea and that's hard to reversed. Lack of probable cause was something that needed to be challenged long ago.
    The only times such pleas and convictions are typically overturned is when the defense can show that there was some unconstitutional level of coercion applied to the defendant to get him to plea.
    Even then, it's not a guarantee.

You've not provided a shred of detail here that would make it possible to even guess at your chances.

Your other option is expungement: https://mdcourts.gov/legalhelp/expungement

And you will get better answers here if you don't vent your spleen other people's threads who are trying to get real answers.
    There’s a facetious saying in legal circles about the ease with which prosecutors can secure indictments in grand jury cases: You can get a grand jury to “indict a ham sandwich.”
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/indict-...ors-1527863063

I just destroyed your first point. The rest are no more valid. I rest my case. Jury I put it in your hands, knowing that my opponent is now without legs or arms.

What is wrong with this forum??? Are you all a bunch of liberal lunatics?

Oh, yes, that is definitely the way to encourage people to do unpaid legal research for you!

Quote Quoting Sire
    View Post
    There’s a facetious saying in legal circles about the ease with which prosecutors can secure indictments in grand jury cases: You can get a grand jury to “indict a ham sandwich.”
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/indict-...ors-1527863063

I just destroyed your first point.

Quote Quoting Sire
    View Post
    What is wrong with this forum?
    We have yet to find a solution to: garbage in; garbage out.

Quote Quoting Sire
    View Post
    Are you all a bunch of liberal lunatics?
    I'm conservative. Your attorney can Move to withdraw your guilty plea and it must be done in a timely
    fashion. Second, as Ron said, if you already signed the plea deal, don't hold out too much hope at all.

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    I'm conservative. Your attorney can Move to withdraw your guilty plea and it must be done in a timely
    fashion. Second, as Ron said, if you already signed the plea deal, don't hold out too much hope at all.

Second? You have to have a firs first. Where’s your first, man?

and I’ll excuse your claim to being a conservative as long as you aren’t also one of those looney toons republicans.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Second? You have to have a firs first. Where’s your first, man?

and I’ll excuse your claim to being a conservative as long as you aren’t also one of those looney toons republicans.
    The prefatory sentence is always first, unless you are Professor backwards, remember him?

I'm not a Republican, I'm a Pedestrian.

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    The prefatory sentence is always first, unless you are Professor backwards, remember him?

I'm not a Republican, I'm a Pedestrian.
    but to have a second, you must have a first and if attaching labels, each should be labeled.

Can’t say I recall prof backwards although there are days I could be called that. Those are long days.

Even after watching a clip of him I still don’t recall him. Maybe you’re a touch older than I. He died the same year I graduated so I was likely a bit young to be exposed to him during his heyday.

The events surrounding his death are saddening.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast