Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Atty Has Not Given Me My Inheritance After 8 Mos

Quote Quoting Gettingrippedoff
    View Post
    So your silly, ridiculous, clueless premise is that a beneficiary should not care at all about an atty who does not file papers for 8 months? The atty was hired to do the work.

I guess atty's not doing something they are suppose to do is a ok in ALIEN PLANET ATTY WORLD but not in the real world! Atty's seem to think they are entitled to operate in a bubble w special rules that only apply to them and that others NOT in ALIEN PLANET ATTY WORLD consider corrupt and dishonest and wrong!

Lets try something here.

Your brother is legally responsible as executor/trustee to file the necessary paperwork to get the money released to the trust so that the trust can distribute the money to the beneficiaries. Your brother, instead of doing it himself, decided to hire an attorney to do it for him. That is why your brother is the only person you can sue to speed things up, because your brother is the one who is legally responsible.

It doesn't matter how badly the attorney is behaving, its still your brother's legal responsibility. I don't get why you don't understand that.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    It doesn't matter how badly the attorney is behaving, its still your brother's legal responsibility. I don't get why you don't understand that.
    Because attorneys are bound to an oath to abided by the rules of the court and the statutes that apply. They don't just get a free pass by saying my client told me to do it.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Because attorneys are bound to an oath to abided by the rules of the court and the statutes that apply. They don't just get a free pass by saying my client told me to do it.
    Once again Budwad, you are not reading about what is actually happening. I honestly cannot believe that you are encouraging this OP that his cause of legal action is against the attorney!!!

I didn't say that his cause of action was against the attorney. I said that the attorney is also culpable for his actions. An attorney can't take safe-harbor by saying that he followed the direction of his client if it violates the statutes.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    I didn't say that his cause of action was against the attorney. I said that the attorney is also culpable for his actions. An attorney can't take safe-harbor by saying that he followed the direction of his client if it violates the statutes.
    Since we don't know what the trustee has directed the attorney to do saying anything about the attorney is, shall we say, premature. All we have to go on is the rantings of an increasingly hostile OP who is currently holding his breath, here or across the street, until someone unequivocally agrees with him.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4