Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Id is Real but Birthday is Wrong

A friend of mine wants to go out with this group that is 21+. He will be turning 21 next month, but his license has the wrong birthday which means he is 21 according to the ID because it says his birthday is a month earlier. I have been telling him it will scan still because it is a real ID, but he is scared that it won't scan because his birthday is wrong and he may get it taken away. Does anyone know what the answer is for this? What does the ID scan and what makes it valid? Thank you!

Default Re: Id is Real but Birthday is Wrong

If your friend is not 21, he would be well advised not to try to say he is 21 whether or not there is a mistake in his license. It's not worth the trouble it will case your friend.

Your friend knows how old he is. Doesn't he?

Odds are the DOB on the magnetic strip is the same as the DOB on the front.

The ID being wrong does not make him 21.

Man you are so fake - I don't believe your story for a second. Somehow or another, you have a forged ID and are trying to find out what information the barcode on the license has in it.

Quote Quoting questionasker885
    View Post
    A friend of mine wants to go out with this group that is 21+. He will be turning 21 next month, but his license has the wrong birthday which means he is 21 according to the ID because it says his birthday is a month earlier.
    So...your friend somehow acquired an ID that has an incorrect date of birth. How did that happen? How long has your friend had the ID? If this was a mistake on the part of the agency that issued the ID, why didn't your friend immediately report the mistake to that agency.

Quote Quoting questionasker885
    View Post
    I have been telling him it will scan still because it is a real ID, but he is scared that it won't scan because his birthday is wrong and he may get it taken away. Does anyone know what the answer is for this? What does the ID scan and what makes it valid?
    Scanned by whom? You said he wants to go out with a group, and I assume you're implying they'll be purchasing and consuming alcohol. If that's the case, I would imagine most restaurants/bars will simply look at the ID. I would be surprised if any such establishment would scan it in some way, but maybe things in your unidentified state work differently than they work in my state.

Obviously, your friend should not be purchasing or consuming alcohol if he is not yet 21, regardless of what his ID says, and he ought to contact the issuing agency to get the ID corrected. If he wants to commit crimes using his knowingly false ID, then he'll take the chance of suffering whatever consequences may befall him.

Does it show his name as McLovin?

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post

Scanned by whom? You said he wants to go out with a group, and I assume you're implying they'll be purchasing and consuming alcohol. If that's the case, I would imagine most restaurants/bars will simply look at the ID. I would be surprised if any such establishment would scan it in some way, but maybe things in your unidentified state work differently than they work in my state.
    Lots of retail liquor establishments and especially high volume bars have scanners that read the IDs. It is quicker and more accurate. Doorkeepers don't have to do the math.

https://www.patronscan.com/id-scanner-for-bars/

My roommate's student ID in college showed his birthday as 13/13/59. (Should have been 10/13/59).

But that was back when IDs were written on rocks.

When I was 20 they issued me a new license that said I was 21. Yes, I went to a number of bars that night. And never once got carded.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    My roommate's student ID in college showed his birthday as 13/13/59. (Should have been 10/13/59).
    I suspect that even the dumbest of ID checkers would have caught that error LOL.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Lots of retail liquor establishments and especially high volume bars have scanners that read the IDs. It is quicker and more accurate. Doorkeepers don't have to do the math.

https://www.patronscan.com/id-scanner-for-bars/
    I am going to guess that unless the ID is a total forgery, that whatever date shows on the ID is going to be the same date that scans. If the DMV or other agency makes the ID card any error that they make is going to be consistent with both the magnetic strip/chip and the printed portion of the ID.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast