Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Can I File a Lawsuit for Relief Based on Perjury Committed by Defendant in Other

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Yeah, but I bet it had some issue of law and not a dismissal of a nuisance groundless suit like this one probably is.
    If the court were to dismiss the case for being groundless or frivolous it would do that as either a Rule 11 decision for frivolous claims or a dismissal under Rule 12(b)(6) for claims that fail to state a valid cause of action. Those will still have some explanation as to why the court is dismissing the complaint. But a ruling on summary judgment generally means that the complaint at least was good enough to survive getting kicked out under Rules 11 or 12. And the MSJ decision will have an opinion explaining the courts reasoning for granting/denying summary judgment.

Default Re: Can I File a Lawsuit for Relief Based on Perjury Committed by Defendant in Other

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Yeah, but I bet it had some issue of law and not a dismissal of a nuisance groundless suit like this one probably is.
    I don't care to speculate about the merits of a case I know virtually nothing about, but an MSJ opinion still has to explain why there are no disputed issues of material fact and why judgment is proper as a matter of law. For 99% of federal judges, that will be a lot more than "just [an] order for whatever relief the movant wanted, and it will be "an 'opinion'" that is far more than "the perfunctory, given the facts in the motion, the following is granted."

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5