Default Police Investigation with Out Report

My question involves police conduct in the State of: Georgia

Recently found out that my Ex Hand a Deputy Friend of hers contact my probation officer. I travel a lot for work. When I went pick up my kids for my scheduled time, she refused because my PO told The Deputy I was planning to be out of town.

Turned out I was not out of town. My Ex told me that the PO had informed her I was gone. The Chief PO told me that a Particular Deputy was asking about me. I know there is a professional curtsy in the LEO community. However there is not report of the investigation.

To Me it seems that the Deputy may have been abusing his power? If so I am looking to do a formal complaint, I know that using the GCIS Data base is illegal with out cause? Is there any other abuse of power laws in Georgia. Google is not my friend in this search....

Default Re: Police Investigation with Out Report

Asking questions does not necessarily require a report of any kind. And, even if there is a report, what makes you think they would have any obligation to tell you about it? And what makes you think he searched any database? (And WHICH GCIS system are you referring to?)

If you feel the deputy was acting in an unprofessional manner, you can certainly speak to his agency about his actions. They may, or they may not, look into it.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting Stalker30
    View Post
    If so I am looking to do a formal complaint, I know that using the GCIS Data base is illegal with out cause? Is there any other abuse of power laws in Georgia. Google is not my friend in this search....
    You would make a formal complaint to the deputy's and/or probation officer's agency. I think you mean GCIC and yes, it can be a criminal act to access it inappropriately/unlawfully (See O.C.G.A. 35-3-38). What we don't know, because your post is quite muddled, is if either one actually did so. All you can do is make your complaint.

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    (And WHICH GCIS system are you referring to?)
    I think he meant GCIC, Georgia's version on NCIC.

I don't really understand the point of your post. If you want to make a complaint, make a complaint. You don't need to research the law ahead of time.

GCIC makes more sense. Though, it seems a stretch to assume that access to the system was made, much less that it was made unlawfully.

Stalker30, as mentioned, if you feel that someone has committed some form of malfeasance, then the first step is to make a complaint against the employing agencies. I don't see that there is anything clearly wrong here, but, that's a call you have to make.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links