Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Knowingly Filing of a False Report by a Police Officer

Maybe you like condescending better. I will make my sentences small so you can figure it out. Jesus is a Jew. I believe him to be God. Thousands of us recognize him as the author and finisher of our faith and he changed the Law as far as we are concerned. If it were not for the High Priest which completed the Sacrifice of a spotless and perfect Lamb. I would never have been adopted into the bloodline.So, don't be a hater. This is not a hobby, its something that must be done, and if we all depended on lawyers to get shit done, then only the rich would get justice. Thankfully, the system I defended and suffer every day of my life for has a better option. I am surprised you are so limited, better education, solid family did they not teach you ethics? Should a police officer be judged on a lack of ethical practice, I believe that if they (the police) were held accountable for the less violent but no less egregious acts committed (from time to time) against the public then there would be fewer men gunned down while their hands are raised and empty.

Let's get back to the central issue rather than trading barbs, which does no one any good. The basic problem here is that the insurance companies are denying the claims, and using the police report as the basis for it because it serves the interests of the insurance companies to do it, not because the police reports are given any special significance under the law, especially when the cop didn't even see the accident. The reports are legally pretty much meaningless. But the insurance companies know a lot of people will simply cave in when they point to the police report because people in general give a lot more weight to those reports than they should.

If you want to recover your damages to your truck and believe the other driver negligent then you sue the other driver in court for a judgment for the damages you have. If the damages do not exceed your state's small claims court limit then you can do that in small claims court without a lawyer. Similarly your son and his passenger may also sue that driver for the injuries they suffered, too, to recover medical bills they had to pay, etc. The police report should not be admissible in that trial and you should object to any attempt by the other driver to introduce the police report. Instead, each side should have witnesses there to testify as to how the accident occurred and the judge would then decide the matter based on which testimony he or she finds most believable. Note that to the extent that your insurance has paid you anything for this the insurance may claim reimbursement of what it paid you out of any award you get under its right of subrogation.

I agree about the barbs, However, even though I accept what you say and that is what I am doing. I think what you are not getting is the officer lied outright, and boldfaced three times perhaps four. The fourth is not yet proven. He reported two statements that he never took he just said they (my son and the passenger) admitted to rear ending the other driver. The witness, he claimed, was yelled at by my people blaming her, for the accident when her testimony is that it was the other driver who accosted and blamed her for him backing into the street. It is not his interpretation or even the situation as he understood them it was purposeful and meant to have the affect it had. My insurance would have paid except for the forensic evidence. The result of all this is it all came back on me because of his bigotry and I do not tolerate a bully not when I was a kid, not in the Marines and damned sure not now. No matter the judgement right or wrong it will go before a judge and in the measure they judge they will be judged that is not my concern, putting it in their lap is.

Inquiring minds want to know.....so what exactly are the "injuries"? Or did I miss the post that addressed that?

From a bystander point of view, when two argue, it's hard to tell which one is the idiot. Soooooo, I may have missed the injury explanation during the tete-a-tete.
    Growing old, mandatory. Growing up, optional!

Quote Quoting Fellomyst
    View Post
    My insurance would have paid except for the forensic evidence.
    What forensic evidence? The cop apparently said he took statements from various witnesses. I don't see anything that indicates he did any kind of accident investigation or anything that suggests he is an expert in accident reconstruction. In the end, the police report is not evidence. Insurance companies are good at ignoring those reports when they think the cop has it wrong and other evidence proves that their insured is not liable. But they are quick to point to the cop's report if it will get them out of paying. That's a problem with the insurance companies; it is not a reflection of any special weight the law gives the police report.

Your recourse then is to sue the other driver if you believe the other driver is at fault to get the other driver to pay up for the damages. You could also sue your own insurer if you can show the insurer did not pay as required under the insurance contract.

None you would be interested in there is no easy money in it. You drive down the street at 40 and get hit by some asshole backing onto the street without looking and use your imagination because the severity of the injury is secondary to the bigotry of the cop. If putting the responsibility of an incident in the lap of the victim (maybe you want to pay the two grand to repair my truck). If that man did his job I would not have reason to be involved. I teach my son the value of the truth, and to believe nothing he hears and only half of what he see's. There were no statements taken you ass. The officer said, in the report, what he wanted to say to fit his scenario, no statements were taken and the witnesses themselves are preparing to contest his reporting. If you cannot see the harm in an officer of the law making shit up as he goes then who is the idiot? The problem as I see it is, lies are a part of the legal world. Lawyers and legalists hide behind the letter of the law to make their fortunes, while the spirit has been lost in that legalism. I bet you cheered as LA burned, because cops should be doing as they please, uncontrolled and without a sense of right or wrong. Screw the American Constitution right its outdated, right. Its not meant for common folk right?. PS only a coward and a bully calls people hateful names If we were face to face, even at 60 I would slap the taste out of your mouth. Like your daddy should have done.

Holy crap Taxing I hired the expert to prove the accident could not have happened the way it was reported. It was an obvious impossibility. I had to hire him to disprove the officers report which had convicted my son in the eyes of the opposing insurance company whether or not it is a legal instrument it was all they needed,. You work for attorneys you know the owner of the truck was the obvious person to go after not an 18 year old with no resources. So, yeah I hired the forensics crash investigator and a private detective to interview the only impartial witness. I am way over the cost of the repairs and injuries. Maybe you could look up principle as it refers to right and wrong and doing what is right. JUST because its right.

Cool! Now it's obvious who the idiot is. Arguing for the sake of argument is proof positive.

Perchance you need to consult an "expert" on what it means to be the southern end of a northbound horse.
    Growing old, mandatory. Growing up, optional!

Quote Quoting Fellomyst
    View Post
    am way over the cost of the repairs and injuries. Maybe you could look up principle as it refers to right and wrong and doing what is right. JUST because its right.
    Some principles are worth fighting for. But IMO spending more on fighting this than you'd get in a judgment isn't worth the fight. It won't hurt the cop, and at worst the other driver gets a bump up in his/her insurance premiums. Meanwhile, you're now even worse off financially than if you had done nothing. You won't right every wrong done to you in life. Part of life is that sometimes things are not fair. I take a fairly practical approach to most things. So I'd not have spent more than I could recover on something like this. No great principle is at stake; certainly not one worth me spending more money than I could realize out of it at the end. But that's your choice to make.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3