Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What Are the Elements and Defenses of Child Endangerment

I educated her on what the prosecutor will likely do and won't do, and told her regardless, DO NOT PLEA, and request a continuance to seek counsel. It is on the books that the judge "shall" grant a continuance for good cause and I have never seen a judge not grant it. I wanted her to get an opportunity to see if the prosecutor will automatically try to move the case to a different charge but I told her there is probably a 99% chance they won't drop the case because they want your money. Its an opportunity for court costs and fines. The whole system is rigged and people that are honest about it know that.

Yes, I gave her advice on her first appearance because nothing is going to happen and worst case, she would be illegally forced to say "not guilty" and go get her atty, who will then just continue it.

I would love to walk her through the discovery process so she can figure out whats going on, but that is not within her scope and I told her the atty can do that.

I don't understand why you are giving legal advice if you are not her retained attorney, or even an attorney at all. You aren't giving information, you are telling her what to do and not do in court (aka giving legal advice). You are far too involved in this case and you should stop advising her on what to do in court.

Quote Quoting fastline
    View Post
    I educated her on what the prosecutor will likely do and won't do, and told her regardless, DO NOT PLEA, and request a continuance to seek counsel. It is on the books that the judge "shall" grant a continuance for good cause and I have never seen a judge not grant it. I wanted her to get an opportunity to see if the prosecutor will automatically try to move the case to a different charge but I told her there is probably a 99% chance they won't drop the case because they want your money. Its an opportunity for court costs and fines. The whole system is rigged and people that are honest about it know that.

Yes, I gave her advice on her first appearance because nothing is going to happen and worst case, she would be illegally forced to say "not guilty" and go get her atty, who will then just continue it.

I would love to walk her through the discovery process so she can figure out whats going on, but that is not within her scope and I told her the atty can do that.
    well, tthe fact is you don’t know what the prosecutor will and won’t do

They are not going to illegally force force her to plead not guilty. They will likely enter a plea of not guilty on her behalf if she doesn’t plead when asked. No idea what you think is accomplished by refusing to enter a plea.

You definitely have no need to walk her through the discovery process. It serves no purpose and given your posts here, you likely don’t understand it well enough to explain it to her in any greater detail other than: that is the process which the prosecutor and the defendant use to obtain evidence to support their case.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2