Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Wife's Credit History

>no concern for her but only how her actions might hurt you financially.
    My concern is that we cannot pay college bills and her medical expenses if money is continued to be spent on other luxury items.
    Those actions will be hurting them, not hurting me as your ridiculous comments continue to say.

This is not a marriage counselling forum. Please eliminate off topic responses. I only mentioned that in my post #1 because it was necessary to know that I had no interest in pursuing that avenue at this time to get access to financial records.

I fully realize it is not legal to access any of her computerized password protected files. I think the legal process is ridiculous in that I have no way to access community property information of which I am a part.

Quote Quoting donaldj
    View Post
    >no concern for her but only how her actions might hurt you financially.
    My concern is that we cannot pay college bills and her medical expenses if money is continued to be spent on other luxury items.
    Those actions will be hurting them, not hurting me as your ridiculous comments continue to say.
    weren’t you the one that pointed out Texas is a community property state and due to that, the debts created are also community debt? Sure seems like it’s how the debt affects you and not a concern for medical expenses and college expenses

Regardless, as I posted:

if you want to see your wife’s financial records, ask her. If she won’t show you willingly, then accept that or take the next step (divorce) where you can compel her to disclose them. Those are your choices.

Quote Quoting donaldj
    View Post

I fully realize it is not legal to access any of her computerized password protected files. I think the legal process is ridiculous in that I have no way to access community property information of which I am a part.
    There are some ways that you can find out what you want to know legally without filing for divorce. What a ridiculous suggestion that is to find out what you need to know.

Have you gotten a recent copy of your own credit report? You never know how the CRAs list ownership of accounts until you look. While you can't get your wife's report you can certainly get your own. You entitled to a free report from each of the three major CRAs ((Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) each year by simply requesting it. You can do it online or through the mail.

In addition, you can join up for ID theft protection at any of the three agencies where they notify you of changes in your report. And maybe you could convince your wife that it would be a good idea if she did the same.

OP do you know for a fact that your wife doesn't plan on just palliative treatment and/or hospice when the time comes so she's enjoying the time she has left, versus trying to get treated at any cost and/or fighting to the bitter end?

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    There are some ways that you can find out what you want to know legally without filing for divorce. What a ridiculous suggestion that is to find out what you need to know.

Have you gotten a recent copy of your own credit report? You never know how the CRAs list ownership of accounts until you look. While you can't get your wife's report you can certainly get your own. You entitled to a free report from each of the three major CRAs ((Equifax, Experian and TransUnion) each year by simply requesting it. You can do it online or through the mail.

In addition, you can join up for ID theft protection at any of the three agencies where they notify you of changes in your report. And maybe you could convince your wife that it would be a good idea if she did the same.
    Her individual accounts will not show up on his credit report and that is what he is wanting to see. The cra’s list accounts in your name or if you have co-signed in some cases. If they list an account held solely by the wife on the ops report, they would be in violation of the FCRA, as in like breaking the law.

Gee what a rediculous way to suggest a person see another person’s credit report. So we are still at asking her or filing for divorce where such records can be compelled. (You do notice, budwad, that filing for divorce isn’t the only means of seeing the information, right?)

Quote Quoting bcr229
    View Post
    OP do you know for a fact that your wife doesn't plan on just palliative treatment and/or hospice when the time comes so she's enjoying the time she has left, versus trying to get treated at any cost and/or fighting to the bitter end?
    I don't think anyone would want to give up without trying a 2nd line treatment. 2nd line drugs for some cancers can cost 5-20k/month. Insurance coverage can vary. Drug companies will usually give large discounts if your income is below 80-100k, most retired people would be below that, but medicare varies greatly also.

Quote Quoting donaldj
    View Post
    I don't think anyone would want to give up without trying a 2nd line treatment.
    That is your thinking; is it your wife's? At this stage of my life it would also be my thinking as my daughter is still young. If she were an adult, the treatment was costly, and there was a low probability of a good outcome I might feel differently.

You and your wife aren't communicating about money, are you communicating about her treatment plans?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3