Default Traffic Violations Committed by Police Officers With Their Lights Off

from my understanding, but i could be wrong. that a cop needs his sirens ON if he is going to commit big traffic violations. if his sirens are OFF, he has no permission to break big traffic rules. do correct me if i am wrong, show me the law. either way, i most likely wont' be asking the cop get a ticket.

Default Re: Can Officer Get a Ticket in Court

Quote Quoting calvine
    View Post
    from my understanding, but i could be wrong. that a cop needs his sirens ON if he is going to commit big traffic violations. if his sirens are OFF, he has no permission to break big traffic rules. do correct me if i am wrong, show me the law. either way, i most likely wont' be asking the cop get a ticket.
    So? Even if he broke policy or the law, complain to his department. You have no right to have him (or anybody else for that matter) ticketed. Nor will the fact that even if he was ticketed and convicted, would it mean anything to your case. There are darned few cases where police breaking the law results in the exclusion of things that follow. Mostly, those are penalties for civil rights violations of the accused. This isn't one of them. Again, two wrongs do not make a right.

Quote Quoting calvine
    View Post
    I believe you are referring to CVC 21055. You might want to check and see if there are other laws and court decisions that grant additional exemptions.

Quote Quoting L-1
    View Post
    I believe you are referring to CVC 21055. You might want to check and see if there are other laws and court decisions that grant additional exemptions.
    But again, it's irrelevant. Even if he sped/ran a red light/whatever without his lights and siren, it means nothing to your guilt. Further, in California, the prosecutor is not obliged to act solely on any person's complaint.

1. Sponsored Links