Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Condo Guest Parking Renter is Using Guest Parking, Need Options Ca

First, no I am not a lawyer.

A question:

are there any hoa rules regarding the use of the guest spaces?

what I’m trying to ascertain is whether even the HOA would have a right to row the vehicles. It would appear the vehicles belong to residents of the complex. That is different than a guest or trespasser. So, does the HOA have any rules regarding the use of the guest spaces by residents of the complex?

Ok I'm not 100% sure if the HOA has rules or not, I don't have the CCR's to view at the moment. I was under the impression this issue was under the civic code which would over ride the HOA but I'm not a lawyer.

. As I said, these are residents so whether they are breaking some HOA rule that would allow the HOA to enforce such a rule and utilize the law is not known if you don’t know the applicable rules.

The law works in conjunction with the rules. The law allows them to tow under whatever specifics are within the law but if the residents using the spaces are not violating HOA rules, the board or management would have no right to have them towed.

I wrote the HOA today asking for all documents, I will reply when they submit whatever they have. Thanks so much for helping me/us....

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2