Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to Find a Lawyer for a Drug Injury Case

My question involves malpractice in the state of: New York City

Hi everyone,

All I ask is that you please read my issue carefully. For the past 3 months I have contacted several lawyers about my product liability issue and have been able to help me. I've been damaged by a drug in the late 90s. The reason these lawyers dont want to help me is because they say the statute of limitations ran out years ago which I can understand. But I was told recently that I still have a claim for money damages because the pharm that manufactures the drug set aside a class action fund for those who have been damaged and therefore have a claim even years after med damage.

FYI and in all honesty I didnt contact a lawyer in the very beginning after this occurred because I was completely terrified of these doctors that forced this med upon me and I didnt want any trouble at all. Additionally the doctors have said that my medical issues were psychological in nature which isnt true since I've never had these medical problems before in my entire life. All these years I've seen dozens of docs for these med issues and none have been able to heal me.

I would hugely appreciate if someone here can help me with info on pursuing a case for entitlement to this class action fund. Again I understand that the statute ran out since this took place in the late 90s, thats no problem. But I want help in money damages given the circumstance above and the fact that this class action fund is set aside for injured people regardless of the time frame of incident. Negative feedback is not welcomed here, all I want is legal advice. Thank you.

Default Re: Lawyers Unable to Help Me.

Quote Quoting hebrew
    View Post
    I've been damaged by a drug in the late 90s.
    Was this a prescription drug or an over-the-counter medication? When did you first take the drug, and when did you last take it? Damaged how? When did you first become aware that you were being damaged?
    Quote Quoting hebrew
    View Post
    I was told recently that I still have a claim for money damages because the pharm that manufactures the drug set aside a class action fund for those who have been damaged and therefore have a claim even years after med damage.
    Told by whom? Have you googled the name of the medication along with something like "class action fund"?
    Quote Quoting hebrew
    View Post
    doctors ... forced this med upon me
    What does this mean? Were you strapped down and forced to take the medication against your will? Or is this just hyperbole?
    Quote Quoting hebrew
    View Post
    I would hugely appreciate if someone here can help me with info on pursuing a case for entitlement to this class action fund.
    Given that we know nothing about your situation beyond what you shared with us, we have no way of telling you to do anything other than to conduct internet searches.

Class action lawsuits have limits. What type of medical proof do you have you were injured by this,medication ? What damages do you have ? Do you have medical records proofing the drug took away your ability to work ? Even if you had contacted an attorney before the filing date ran out. They would not have taken your word for anything.

Put the name of the medication + class action lawsuit in google. You should be able to find out when the final filing date was.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Was this a prescription drug or an over-the-counter medication? When did you first take the drug, and when did you last take it? Damaged how? When did you first become aware that you were being damaged?
    Hi, pg1067.. the med was given to me in the hospital. I took it in the 90s as I've said before. Damaged as in ED, headaches, blurry vision, enlarged breasts, upper back and neck pain, headaches in eyes, dizziness and constant stuffy nose. At that time the base of my penis had constricted like if it were tied in a tight rubber band. I never had ANY of these issues before taking this drug. I became aware of these issues after 2 weeks taking it.
    Told by whom? Have you googled the name of the medication along with something like "class action fund"?
    I was told by someone working at the NY bar association.
    Were you strapped down and forced to take the medication against your will? Or is this just hyperbole?
    No. The doc said that if I dont take the med in pill form that he'll have to inject it. This frightened me and I felt I had no choice but to take it. I was forced to take it under these conditions.
    Given that we know nothing about your situation beyond what you shared with us, we have no way of telling you to do anything other than to conduct internet searches.
    I'm confused. I've said already that I've contacted lawyers and they havent been able to help which explains why I'm here.

If there is a Class action fund that exists, was it Court Ordered?

The op has another thread asking about Risperdal. There are myriad suits involving Risperdal. I’ve found nothing regarding a class action suit nor a fund created to pay claims against the manufacturer. There have been multiple settlements with various governmental entities but none I saw established any sort or fund for future claims against the manufacture.

I dont know if that is the medication op is concerned with this thread.

Hebrew, you need to provide the drug involved if you want any specific direction.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

A lawyer can't help you if you cannot demonstrate your claims to be true and accurate to their satisfaction. They also don't HAVE to help you. IF you are difficult they may decide that you aren't worth the time and/or energy. They are not altruists, after all.NEither am I.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

So, this mysterious person working for the NY Bar Association who has knowledge of a way you can sue beyond the statute of limitations by way of this "class action fund" that no one else knows about:

Is this person an attorney? If so, why is this attorney not taking the case for you?

If not, what makes you think their information is accurate?

The drug is risperdal.
    Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Is this person an attorney? If so, why is this attorney not taking the case for you?

If not, what makes you think their information is accurate?
    I dont. But since I'm not an expert in the law I'm taking her advice since she does work for the bar. I dont know her credentials. All I know is she gave legal advice and am looking into it whether shes right or wrong. At least someone helped.

I have 20 years of medical records indicating the permanent issues I'm suffering from are the ones marked on the med's label as potential med problems. After I 1st took this med it caused this long laundry list of issues which I never experienced before in my life. Thats the proof. Its not opinion.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast