Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Lawyers Unable to Help Me.

Your problem,as you are aware, is that the statute of limitations for you to sue, has expired. Additionally, due to several suits against the manufacturer, some of the issues that were the basis for suits are no longer viable claims from the point of those suits forward. The manufacturer has adjusted their literature to list side effects that were not listed previously and were the basis for many of the lawsuits. They also stopped recommending any off label uses, which was also a basis for lawsuits. That left the only people able to mount a winning suit are those that started taking the med before the literature adjustments were made and are still within the applicable statute of limitations

im not arguing that your issues do not support a claim of causation. At least a couple are typically associated with the drug. On its face, it would seem you have been damaged by the drug.

But in the end, That really leaves you with nothing and no actions available unless there is a fund from some prior suit that you would be eligible to be paid from. I have read nothing of any such fund in any state so, as I said and you accepted, talk to the attorney that told you of the fund.

What you had/have are normal side effects of Risperidone. I suggest you go back to your psychiatrist and talk about a different medication to treat your psychiatric symptoms.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Given how long it has been you have little chance at prevailing in a lawsuit. You've exceeded the SOLs, you are not a part of a class-action suit and you've not actually located any funding created as a result of a class-action suit. This gives you nowhere to go.

If you don't like what we have to say, that's fine. Take your records to an attorney and see what they have to say.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting BooRennie
    View Post
    What you had/have are normal side effects of Risperidone. I suggest you go back to your psychiatrist and talk about a different medication to treat your psychiatric symptoms.
    Gynecomastia is a normal side effect? While it is listed as a side effect now, apparently it wasn’t during the time op was taking the med

Do you have your medical records from when you were prescribed this medication ? Has a doctor written in your medical records. the symptoms and damage you claim are due to this medication ? You must have the medical evidence in your medical records. Your opinion or a,doctors opinion based on you saying you were prescribed a particular medication. Is not enough.

You can have the conditions listed as side effects. When a person takes a drug. They agree to accept the risks. The problems for manufacturers come in when they did not tell the FDA about all known side effects or were unaware. Patients cannot take responsibility for side effects the manufacturer did not disclose or were unaware of. Experiencing side effects is not enough for a claim. It depends on the level of damage done. Are you able to work ? Exactly how have these damages affected your life. Have you required surgery? The legal definition of damages is rarely, if ever what the general public thinks it is.

If you put the medication name + class,action lawsuit in google. You have a list of attorneys that handled these cases. You need to contact one or more of them. As you have been told. These suits have a statue of limitations. If that date has passed. There is nothing anyone can do. If the date has nit passed. But you do not have the required medical evidence. There is nothing anyone can do. No one here knows the specifics of this case.

You were not forced to take this drug. Although I realize you do believe you were. Every medication has side effects. Why did you wait so long to look into this? It makes no sense if the side effects were/are severe enough for a lawsuit.

Default Re: How to Find a Lawyer for a Drug Injury Case

With all of this having occurred twenty or more years ago, then as the lawyers have told you they cannot help you because the statute of limitations has run.

If you believe that the manufacturer has some sort of outstanding compensation fund, or is offering compensation even though it has no legal obligation to do so, contact the manufacturer and ask about your eligibility for compensation, or see if you can find any information about such a fund on the Internet or other sources. It does not appear that anybody here is either aware of or able to locate such a fund.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2