Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Food Sold by Weight and the Fpla

That's exactly the brand I was referring to. In the trade they are known as sandwich box (those with kids will call them juice box). Not the sandwiches you eat, but the multilayers in the walls of the carton.

Still, I suspect your problem is that you weren't weighing the contents, but measuring them by liquid volume. If I was going to make something with tomatoes for dinner, I might be inclined to measure it out but I trust POMI pending any proof otherwise.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post

Still, I suspect your problem is that you weren't weighing the contents, but measuring them by liquid volume.
    I measured by liquid volume originally. But as stated in another post, I have since put the pkg on a scale. It weighs 500grams exactly, which is what it says on the label. So, the weight is of the contents AND the pkg.

The picture of the product in the link shows the package says Net Weight. The net weight is for the product inside the packaging and does not include the packaging.

Net weight refers to the weight of the raw product and does not include the weight of the products packaging or container. For example, the weight of sardines before being placed into tins. The net weight is equal to the gross weight minus the tare weight.
    So you are being ripped off.

You can report to the US office of Weights and Measures or to your state's division of WaM.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2