Hybrid View

Default Should You Fight a Second DUI Charge

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Georgia
    Iím trying to find out how to make a motion for discovery, I got a dui two years ago, I fell asleep at a red light when the officer woke me up I got out and was fine he let me call some people to come
    Get me to take me home, but I tried 3/4 people no one could come Get me, I said I want to drive home Iím not drunk, you can breathalyzer me, he wouldnít I said Iíll do the sobriety test he would, then said Iím taking you to get a blood test cause I donít think your drunk but I think your on some thing he read something from his pocket asking my permission to be takes to the hospital I agreed, after the blood test I went straight to jail, I donít believe he read me my rights, I want to get a discovery so I can go with accurate information to some lawyers to see if I should continue with trial or not this will be my second dui

Default Re: Dui

Is the incident you describe your CURRENT case? Or, is this the case from 2 years ago?

Or, is this the CURRENT case and you merely mentioned you have a DUI from 2 years ago?

If you are facing criminal charges, you need an attorney now, not later. Defending yourself in a DUI case is NOT a do-it-yourself project. If you do not know what to ask for and how to ask for it, you are asking for trouble. Besides, if you go to court you will be asked about appointed counsel if you cannot afford one. You will have an attorney who will know how to do this.

As a note, Miranda rights are generally not required in a DUI case. There may be some errors in whatever the officer did, but you'll need an attorney who can access the reports and make a better evaluation.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

This is my current case

Hire a lawyer.

1. Sponsored Links