Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Probate

The question I had more focused on what documentation I might use to find and access my dads American account based on some banks allowing access and some not. It was never about the ins and outs of Mexican probate. Assuming I'm asking anyone to help me "break the law" is frankly an offensive presumption. You are suggesting that two other banks broke the law with their policies, which does cast some doubt of your knowledge on that topic.

Quote Quoting MIVGTI
    View Post
    The question I had more focused on what documentation I might use to find and access my dads American account based on some banks allowing access and some not. It was never about the ins and outs of Mexican probate. Assuming I'm asking anyone to help me "break the law" is frankly an offensive presumption. You are suggesting that two other banks broke the law with their policies, which does cast some doubt of your knowledge on that topic.
    Well, if you read the applicable laws, you will see that it IS about Mexican probate. An ancillary probate is executed in conjunction with the probate in the locality of residence. It is not a stand alone matter.

I dont know the facts of the situstion with the other banks. If you presented improper documents in order to claim the funds, the banks didn’t break the law. It was your actions they are allowed to depend on and if there is any blow back, it will be you that suffers the consequences.

No they knew and that's the weird thing. I sat in the lobby as we waited for their legal team to process this. I provided them with a Mexican death certificate with his address on it. Odd that Mexican probate didn't come up. Odd that you are more concerned about it than two national banks.
    This is like someone looking for help with a ticket for expired tags but you're stuck on how bald their tires were.
    Thank you for your previous advice. I'll just keep trucking.

It doesn’t matter if they knew. By presenting the affidavit younare accedpting the liability of you are acting improperly. I could present an affidavit and claim the money and they would be safe. I would be liable if it was improper or defective in any way. They don’t really care. If somebody shows up later looking for the money, they just point at you and show a copy of the affidavit and say; go after him, he has indemnified us
    Quote Quoting MIVGTI
    View Post
    No they knew and that's the weird thing. I sat in the lobby as we waited for their legal team to process this. I provided them with a Mexican death certificate with his address on it. Odd that Mexican probate didn't come up. Odd that you are more concerned about it than two national banks.
    This is like someone looking for help with a ticket for expired tags but you're stuck on how bald their tires were.
    Thank you for your previous advice. I'll just keep trucking.
    Regardless, since the wise banker has shot you down, either open a formal probate and be assigned personal rep or forget about it. Showing a document the court has given you authority to act on behalf of your fathers estate is what they require and you cannot make them release any info without the documents unless they change their mind.

Dude. I get it. Bald tires. The legal team advised me to cross out "california" and write in the city he lived in. I'm sure you'll be able to explain that away too.

Quote Quoting MIVGTI
    View Post
    Dude. I get it. Bald tires. The legal team advised me to cross out "california" and write in the city he lived in. I'm sure you'll be able to explain that away too.
    Nope, not bald tires. You’re the one that is pointing to bald tires. I’m trying to stay with the ticket that you are ignoring.

And what legal team? The one you didn’t hire for legal advice? Since they had no legal duty to you, they could have told you to do anything and they wouldn’t be liable for your actions. They weren’t your attorneys so they owed no legal duty to you.

Like i said: you have sworn to indemnify them so they don’t really care. You presenting that document gets the issue out of their business and you take the wrap if there are any problems.

Regardless, since this was about the bank that won’t give you the time of day, what the two banks that relied on your affidavit so they are relieved of liability isn’t of importance. The third bank wants what it wants and has a legal right to not do anything until they get what they have demanded

have fun

If an affidavit removes a banks liability that should be all they need by your logic. I am the only heir so I have nothing to worry about one way or another.
    Nothing fun about this. Lost my dad. Have a ton of loose ends to cover. My question had to do with documentation to give the bank. You are stuck on international probate when I clearly stated that's not an issue here. You can tell who is here to help and who just wants to swing their dick around.

Quote Quoting MIVGTI
    View Post
    If an affidavit removes a banks liability that should be all they need by your logic. I am the only heir so I have nothing to worry about one way or another.
    Nothing fun about this. Lost my dad. Have a ton of loose ends to cover. My question had to do with documentation to give the bank. You are stuck on international probate when I clearly stated that's not an issue here. You can tell who is here to help and who just wants to swing their dick around.
    You may be the only heir but are there creditors? Did your father have any debts, including in Mexico?

Regarding documentation to give the bank: you’ve tried to present an affidavit, correct? if the bank in question wants proof of being the authorized administrator, then you’ll have to provide that. All your complaining isn’t going to change that.

And regardless of you saying international probate isn’t an issue, the fact remains your father was a resident of Mexico so that means it is whether you want to accept it or not. Your father, who was a resident of Mexico, had an estate in Mexico. I guess you’re simply letting anything there go. I guess if it isn’t cash it isn’t important.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2