Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What Are Your Legal Rights Over Unfair Accusations Made in an Exit Interview

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: at will

In my exit interview, the manager verbally said " you do not like how I run the group". She had asked me for a long list of process improvements in the previous 6 months. I periodically asked my mentor. Do all the groups run like this... lots of down time, much future roadmapping and vision.

Can I come back with unfair practice for working condition discussions? Will I need document evidence from the Exit Interview?

Default Re: Exit Meeting: Verbal vs Documented

What do you hope to gain by doing that?

What do you think is an unfair practice?

You have exited, you don't have to "come back" with anything.

I suspect that this is the guy who wants to be rehired and thinks he has a valid claim with the NLRB for some perfectly normal thing his former boss said during his exit interview...

The exit meeting was for a firing:

Gain --> desired to get rehired

Unfair practice -- > In the exit meeting, the manager stated " you do not like the way I run the group" etc.. as stated in the previous reply. Isn't this protected by "discussion of working conditions"

It's this one:

https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...738&highlight=

I don't think it's the NLRB person.

DaysOffAgain doesn't seem as obsessive as the NLRB person.

Quote Quoting DaysOffAgain
    View Post
    The exit meeting was for a firing:

Gain --> desired to get rehired

Unfair practice -- > In the exit meeting, the manager stated " you do not like the way I run the group" etc.. as stated in the previous reply. Isn't this protected by "discussion of working conditions"
    Protected by what?

No, nothing unfair or illegal happened.

Can I come back with unfair practice for working condition discussions? No. What you have described is not even in the same ballpark as an unfair practice.

Will I need document evidence from the Exit Interview? No, since you have nowhere to go with this.

Darn ! How can I get my employment record from that company at this point. There must be someway to do this?

Since “at will” is not a state, whether the employer is obligated to provide you anything regarding your employment records cannot be determined.

Iowa

your manager knowing you were unhappy with how they ran the group can state that and it doesnt' automatically mean that you engaged in "protected concerted activity". Heck, your personal tone or facial features or reactions or failure to follow directions could have given them that knowledge. Asking your mentor a question about how the group is run may depend on exactly what was said and how. And then whether or not they passed that on to the manager.

"She had asked me for a long list of process improvements in the previous 6 months" Did you complete this list? Did you perform to standards? Even if the standards are outlandish or other groups aren't managed this way, if she has documentation that you failed to perform, I doubt you will be able to prove that she was terminating you over PCA. What else did she say in the exit meeting?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast