Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Car Dealership New Car Out of State Title Complication

I was completely confused about it being titled in Arizona also because neither of us are a resident of Arizona. It sounds to me, Like you said, The lender isn't wanting to complete the financing in this situation. They are probably unable to find a lender willing to do it. I have been calling them for last couple weeks trying to figure out what is going on and if I should bring the car back. . But they had been delaying me and saying they were looking into other options. They finally responded and yesterday I said maybe I should just get the car back to you since it has been 5 1/2 weeks and I don't own the car and Im not comfortable with possessing the car in this situation. They finally said ok. Bring it back. I scheduled an auto transport to get it back to them from Oklahoma to Arizona. They didn't mention anything but is there any chance they will try to get money from me for miles and usage?

Of course it’s possible. A lot of whether they have a claim or not will be based on exactly what your sales contract says. Read it thoroughly.

Quote Quoting Crbyer
    View Post
    They didn't mention anything but is there any chance they will try to get money from me for miles and usage?
    If you and your friend made a down payment, you aren't likely to get it back.

By the way, if you manage to get out from under this unscathed (or otherwise) I suggest you NEVER again get involved in somebody else's car purchase. It's guaranteed to go badly.

The car id headed back to the dealer via auto transport. The loan was never assigned nor was title application submitted. Are there any papers I should request or sign from the dealer for deal cancellation?

The car arrived at the dealer several days ago. I followed up to confirm the car arrived and if there is any type of cancellation papers I need to sign. I asked if I need to do anything or sign anything. A couple days later the dealer responded and said I am good because the loan never funded. Are there any papers I should request to make sure the original signed contract is cancelled or am I ok with his response that I am fine because the loan never funded ? Is there any way they can still try to hold me to the original contract and claim I breached the contract because no payments were made? First payment was supposed to be due a couple days ago.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2