Default How Do I Remove My Rep Payee and Become My Own

My question involves a person located in the state of: WI.

I'm a 35 year old adult with a minor disability and don't want to have a rep payee anymore so how do I go about removing her and manage the bills myself? It's very frustrating trying to get her to work with me when I need money, like slippers as she just goes to my guardian of person who says no. My aunt is not my guardian of finance though. My guardian is of person, not of estate so she doesn't handle the finances.

I feel that I am very capable of managing my bills and finances myself. So I need information on how to get rid of this rep payee relationship here. I need a change here. I don't care what it takes, I would much rather pay my own bills and handle my own money. I would be very responsible with it but no one is giving me a chance because of that guardianship. I think the court should do a 30 day trial run and see how things go. A whole 30 days where I pay every single bill and expense. Nobody has told me anything about how to go through the whole legal process to be my own payee. Please walk me through the steps and legal requirements on how to change this. Is there a way to do this without removing the guardian or would I have to become my own guardian of both parts? I really do not want a rep payee.

Default Re: How Do I Remove My Rep Payee and Become My Own

In terms of removing somebody as representative payee, read this. Follow the instructions.

Guardianship is a state court issue, and is separate from the SSA's determination of whether or not you need a representative payee. However, the factors that necessitate guardianship may be relevant to the SSA's determination.

1. Sponsored Links