Unhappy Didn't Want an Ambulance But Billed for its Service, Now I'm in Collection

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Nevada
    Back in February I was seeking help for mental illness. I was having severe panic attacks and just not doing well at all mentally. I tried to go to a hospital but they wouldn't take me in because I had my little sister with me. I needed something right away so I went to an urgent care instead. The doctor was asking me all sorts of question and he asked me if i had any thoughts of suicide. I thought it would affect the medication he was trying to give me if I didn't answer truthfully. He then said he needed to report me and call an ambulance. I freaked out begging him not to because I couldn't afford it. He then said that there were police officers near by responding to another call and he brought them in there to talk to me. I told them I couldn't afford the ambulance I'll just drive to the ER but they questioned me about different things and told me not to worry about those things. After that the ambulance came and took me to the ER and I think I was transported 2 more times to different facilities from there. Is there anyway I can dispute this? Or because i was deemed "a danger to myself or others" that i can't ?

Default Re: Didn't Want an Ambulance Now I'm in Collection

You may not have wanted the ambulance but you clearly needed it. LEO/Doctors can not allow a self proclaimed suicidal person to drive themselves to a mental health facility. You are responsible for the cost.

Default Re: Didn't Want an Ambulance Now I'm in Collection

I believe I have read law/case law on this before. The Federal Constitution does not mandate a government pay for ambulance services for those they desire to be treated or the Ambulance company agrees to transport once called.

It is up to the State or local governments to decide.

1. Sponsored Links