My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California.
I work for a dentist who is continually late giving employees our paychecks, and occasionally the checks bounce. Now he is almost a month in arrears and owes us two checks. He told me last week that he has no money and if we want a job that pays we should look for a new job. I collected $45,000 last month for the business, so I know there is money. He just chooses to spend it elsewhere. I am looking for a job, but being 60 years old makes it hard to find someone to hire me. I want to report him to the department of labor, but I know if I do, he will black ball me with the other dentists in town. What other options do I have?