Default How to Reclaim Land Illegally Sold by a Third Party

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Nevada.

How do I claim the land my aunt illegally sold? She was hiding my mom’s assets.

Default Re: How Do I Claim the Land My Aunt Illegally Sold. She Was Hiding Momís Assets

Quote Quoting Angi
    View Post
    My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Nevada
    You've given us zero facts to work with. So I suggest you see a lawyer in the relevant state for advice.

Default Re: How to Reclaim Land Illegally Sold by a Third Party

I am going to assume from the forum you chose that your mother has passed away.

The administrator of the estate is charged with taking an inventory of the estate's assets. If assets are missing from the estate, the administrator can petition the court to assist with recovery or to authorize legal action to recover the assets.

Whether or not the land might be recoverable will depend upon the full facts, including when the property was transferred, to whom, under what authority, and whether the buyer knew or should have known that there was something fishy about the transaction. If your aunt put the property into her own name, then it's much more likely to be recoverable (assuming that the administrator proves that the transfer was improper), as compared to a sale to an innocent third party at some increasingly remote time in the past.

1. Sponsored Links