Default How to Get My Name Removed from Retail Crime Database

I recently moved from another state to Idaho. At my previous home, I would be followed all the time by loss prevention, to the point of harassment. Never stopped or charged with a crime and have never shoplifted. Upon moving here to Idaho, now I'm being followed at every store I shop at and it's increasing becoming harassing. I've had store managers walk up while I check out and pretty much stand over me and have multiple employees follow me to the door. When my family shops with me, they are being profiled now also. Idaho has an LE organization that coordinates with retailers (Organized Retail Crime Association of Idaho) and I firmly believe I am on a list of suspected shoplifters. This is probably due to the fact that the loss prevention manager in a store at my previous state notified this organization. This individual had issues with me, due to the fact I would make it known that I didn't appreciate being following while shopping. This has almost made it difficult for my entire family to buy groceries to put food on the table unless we have it delivered. I am also concerned about gaining employment. I just want it resolved.

Default Re: How to Get My Name Removed from Retail Crime Database

You have no right. Absent being denied credit or employment, ORCAID is free to maintain you as a suspected thief, though I have to think that you're largely imagining this. There's no way they suddenly started following your family even if you were a suspected thief.

Quote Quoting califrank
    View Post
    I recently moved from another state to Idaho. At my previous home, I would be followed all the time by loss prevention, to the point of harassment. Never stopped or charged with a crime and have never shoplifted. Upon moving here to Idaho, now I'm being followed at every store I shop at....
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here with a supposition; I suppose it's a GPS tracking chip embedded in your body without your knowledge. A side-effect of those sorts of things induce rampant paranoia and the dreaded "I'm-being-followed-by-an-interstate-coalition-of-loss-prevention" syndrome.

Unfortunately I can't recommend a treatment option as your current meds seem insufficient.

souperdave
    Ha good one. I notice from your other posts that you are the resident site clown.

Thanx! But seriously for a moment, I do have that ability, I hafta ask what makes you think you're being paid attention to that much. Shopping habits? Speaking from my own LP 'habits', I'd give most everyone the "chance" to steal and usually move on or watch further if something looked silly. If one wasn't showing at least 43 of the 48 classic signs of shoplifting, I'd move on to the next. I was there to catch badguys. Not sight-see.

Do you have the impression that you're being an object-of-desire, so to speak, elsewhere? Or just in a retail environment?

While floor-walkin', I've been approached by a shopper a time or two who have confronted me. Usually a "WTF you lookin' at" sort of encounter. I never advise anyone either way, but entertaining that sorta idea might not necessarily be a bad thing. If it's a perception problem, or something like that, doing that may very well allay your feeling of being watched all the time.

1. Sponsored Links